Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bruce Rioch book due out soon

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bruce Rioch book due out soon Empty Bruce Rioch book due out soon Tue Jan 02 2024, 20:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm just passing on a heads up kindly given to me about...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the write up...

Total Belief looks back at three incredible years in the early 1990s when Bruce Rioch transformed the fortunes of a football club on its knees. In the summer of 1992, Bolton Wanderers were a club in distress. With an aging stadium and struggling in the league, chairman Gordon Hargreaves made the difficult decision to sack manager Phil Neal and employ Bruce Rioch and his assistant Colin Todd. Over the next three seasons, Bruce began to change attitudes by instilling a new mentality. Working his players hard on the pitch and restricting their lives off it, Bruce won the hearts of players and fans alike. With his blend of youth and experience, Bruce took Bolton on incredible cup runs with attractive attacking football that finally brought the crowds back to Burnden Park. The story ended with yet another cup run and two trips to Wembley, including one of the most dramatic comebacks of all time. Sadly, the celebrations were cut short as Bruce Rioch left to join Arsenal, but his legacy lives on.

And this is about the author...

Chris Evans's first published book comes after years of Bolton-related contributions in the Bolton News and across a range of fan websites. He has also written regular articles for the League Express newspaper. Chris has been a season-ticket holder at Bolton for 30 years. His first match was also Bruce Rioch's first game in charge.

Seems that it available from WH Smith's.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Happy days...

2Bruce Rioch book due out soon Empty Author Fri Jan 12 2024, 14:54

Chris Evans

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details.

If you wish to purchase directly from the author (me) please do so from total-belief.square.site

If you buy it from Amazon, WH Smiths etc I get very little payment.

Hope you enjoy it and thanks in advance to anyone who purchases it.

Also, if you buy direct before the end of Jan, you go into a draw to win back your money.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Bruce Rioch book due out soon Empty Re: Bruce Rioch book due out soon Fri Jan 12 2024, 15:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

looks like a good read to me, think i'll be ordering  Very Happy

4Bruce Rioch book due out soon Empty Re: Bruce Rioch book due out soon Fri Jan 12 2024, 15:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Chris Evans wrote:Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details.

If you wish to purchase directly from the author (me) please do so from total-belief.square.site

If you buy it from Amazon, WH Smiths etc I get very little payment.

Hope you enjoy it and thanks in advance to anyone who purchases it.

Also, if you buy direct before the end of Jan, you go into a draw to win back your money.

You are very welcome Chris and please feel free to give us any up dates as and when you like.

I'm not sure how you managed to post without becoming a member of the forum but we would be delighted if you would like to join in with our little Bolton Wanderers centric community, all views are welcomed.

We look forward to hearing from you if you choose to join in with us - hope you do!

PS, I've added a link to your post above because the one you gave didn't seem to work for some reason - hope that was ok with you?

5Bruce Rioch book due out soon Empty Re: Bruce Rioch book due out soon Fri Jan 12 2024, 17:16

Chris Evans

Thanks

I can't seem to register. Every email address I try it says already registered but then when I try the forgotten password, I have no idea of what my username might be and I've searched through my emails and can't find any thing from the site.

Book is due out April 15 but anyone who buys direct from my link should get it slightly earlier

6Bruce Rioch book due out soon Empty Re: Bruce Rioch book due out soon Fri Jan 12 2024, 17:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just before my birthday. I'm putting the word out.
There'll be trouble if I get socks.

7Bruce Rioch book due out soon Empty Re: Bruce Rioch book due out soon Fri Jan 12 2024, 18:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Just before my birthday. I'm putting the word out.
There'll be trouble if I get socks.

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum