Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our upset prima donnas - poor dears!

+6
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Our upset prima donnas - poor dears! Empty Our upset prima donnas - poor dears! Tue Nov 20 2012, 19:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Where's the bloody steel in this side, where are the players who will fight for the club, what the fuck is wrong with players we pay thousands of pounds each week just to play a game of football for us - they should be running through brick walls for us not whining and moaning like little girls!

KEVIN Davies has told Wanderers stars not to sulk when they are not picked.

A number of senior Whites players have found themselves surprisingly relegated to the bench or out of the squad altogether since new boss Dougie Freedman arrived.

Davies has been one such player, along with Jay Spearing and Keith Andrews, with Martin Petrov’s total omission from the 18 on duty against Barnsley on Saturday the latest example.

With Freedman looking to shape a side capable of turning the club around following last season’s relegation, the captain says the last thing they need are players letting their heads go down if they are not picked.

"Everyone wants to play,” said Davies.

“We have got a quality squad – Martin wasn't even in the squad – and people will be disappointed if they are not playing.

“But no one can afford to come in sulking. You dust yourself down and work hard because you could be in the following week.

“Players like Jay and Keith have been disappointed not to be playing, but you need to keep working and showing the right enthusiasm on the training ground.

“You wish everyone well. David (Ngog) deserved his chance when he came on against Cardiff, so I half expected not to play (against Blackpool). He took his chance and that’s the way it was.

“Everyone should know the way we are trying to play now. If you come off the bench you are expected to know your job.

“There is huge emphasis on that. It is a team game not an individual sport.

“We are looking to come in this week and review the four games we’ve had so far. We have been asked to play a certain way and everyone has taken it on board. We have had enough time now.

“We’ve got to keep working hard on the training ground to make sure everyone knows their own role and jobs. If you do that then it helps the team.”

Davies acknowledges there is plenty of frustration around the Reebok at the moment, but says it should be because of the failure to gain all three points at home to Barnsley on Saturday – their third successive draw – rather than players not being picked.

“Players are asked to do a job and the manager stresses that whoever is asked to play in that position, you are expected to know your role,” said the skipper.

“Everyone is asked to pay attention. You are expected to do a professional job.

“Frustrated is probably a word that is appropriate at the minute. We are disappointed to concede again, like last week, but we have got to pick ourselves up.

“The games come thick and fast and we've got two more away games next.

“We kept Barnsley pretty quiet. They had a bit of possession but Adam hasn't had to work too hard again.

“I feel like I have had this conversation before!

“There are no easy games. Our fans showed signs of frustration because we should be going out to beat Barnsley at home.

“We are working hard and trying to take on board what the new manager wants.

“Everyone wants to play their part in the team and I would expect nothing less from anyone. The manager has shown he is willing to change things and pick a team he feels appropriate to win that game.”

On making his 600th league appearance recently, he added: “It's a milestone but you have just got to keep going. I am feeling good and happy to get back in the side after last week.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's hope Dougie hasn't lost the dressing room. Crying or Very sad

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could understand their frustration if they were ripping up the league.

No one on this team is above dropping for me, if they think they're superstars then they can kindly F OFF, and play for Man City who are no doubt knocking their doors down.

I honestly can't wait until January, i hope Dougie is able to get rid of some of the utter guff Coyle left us with.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
I honestly can't wait until January, i hope Dougie is able to get rid of some of the utter guff Coyle left us with.

Honestly can't see many coming in, maybe one or two. I'd suspect Freedman came under the impression our squad was just under performing.

In reality they're just poor. It's not even like we have anyone who would raise funds. But we need players in every position, Coyle really fucked us

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep nothing more to add really.

I know I'm living in a fantasy land when i say i want us to "clear house." It won't happen i just wish it could!

We need to improve the "spine" of the team for me, we need an old head striker who can finish, we could do with a bit of creativity in the middle, (holden might, might help) we could also do with a bit of quality at the back. (Wheater might help)

I don't think it will take Dougie too long to suss out where the quality is.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leaving Petrov & Sordell out of the squad was an ego thing for the manager - the only time we look half decent is when Petrov is on the pitch.

It's Coyle Mk II.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Talking to one or two fans who saw Holden recently and his rehab is coming along nicely. Should be up to full fitness and ready to make an impact for our game at Leeds on New Years day, if not before.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Petrov is a funny one, undoubtedly our best crosser, probably our best impact player but has often been left out and subbed because of his lack of effort defensively.

I suspect that is something Dougie is thinking about, when trying to keep us tight at the back.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not a Petrov fan, as such. I think he's quite bull in a china shop like in his approach - most of his crosses are just whipped in with little calculation and they're rarely capitalised on as a result. That said, the speed he provides is great - he brings momentum to our attacking play which we desperately want.

I hope that in Dougie, we haven't got another bloke that just wants to take on the attitudes of the squad rather than utilise them.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'm not a Petrov fan, as such. I think he's quite bull in a china shop like in his approach - most of his crosses are just whipped in with little calculation and they're rarely capitalised on as a result. That said, the speed he provides is great - he brings momentum to our attacking play which we desperately want.

I hope that in Dougie, we haven't got another bloke that just wants to take on the attitudes of the squad rather than utilise them.

We have to give Dougie time to stamp his mark on the team. He has Lennie Lawrence ( an old head ) to bounce ideas off plus Fleming. It's only a short matter of time before he works out his best formation.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should be looking to ship a load out in January - Either transfer or loan deals, why pay them wages if they are never going to play...

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

When Kev is on the bench, he is forever in the ear of the manager - then makes his inevitable entry into the game. Is this the approach he is suggesting the sulking players take?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

SKD:
“I was disappointed not to start against Barnsley on Saturday but, as I’ve said before, there was no sulking!

“I went to see the manager about it on Monday morning and we had a good chat.

“I’m fine with that, I know the way he’s thinking, and that’s all I need"
I don't see why he felt he had to see the manager because he wasn't selected to start against Barnsley. Is it in his contract that he has to start every game?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, he should accept the managers decision

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sounds like he did accept it. How do you know Freedman didn't ask him to go and see him about it? Or have we found a new reason to moan about Kevin Davies? He played well... shit what can we give him shit about? You bastard Kevin.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:How do you know Freedman didn't ask him to go and see him about it?
Fair point - I dont know, but how do you know he didnt go in seething that he had been left out

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't. But it certainly doesn't look that way in the interview. I just don't understand why anyone would try and find a reason to moan about him after last nights brilliant performance. Twattish behaviour imo.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What happened last night? Bit harsh saying someone is acting like a twat for having an opinion...

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Fri Nov 30 2012, 21:10; edited 1 time in total

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've lost 24 hours somehow. Wednesdays performance I should've said. I wouldn't say I was being harsh at all tbh. He plays brilliantly but people still have to find fault with him. I could've been a lot harsher than 'twattish behaviour' btw.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I have found that you are always a bit harsh pal.
It does seem a bit odd to say "I went to see the manager about it" - what would you have thought if Sordell or Petrov had come out with that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum