Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Evatt confirms Williams blow but shares better news on Dempsey

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Evatt confirms Williams blow but shares better news on Dempsey 17375805

Ian Evatt has confirmed that Randell Williams faces six to seven weeks out of action with a grade two hamstring tear.

The wing-back suffered the injury against Cheltenham in midweek and now faces a similar lay-off to Will Forrester.

In more positive news, Kyle Dempsey has not picked up anything serious despite pulling up against the Robins. A Dempsey absence would have been a blow to the Whites, with George Thomason missing the next two league games through suspension.

Carlos Mendes Gomes has also returned from representing Guinea-Bissau at the African Cup of Nations to bolster Ian Evatt’s squad. However, Gethin Jones is still away with the Australia squad after the Socceroos secured a place in the knockout rounds.

George Johnston and Dan Nlundulu are both long-term absentees with knee and hamstring issues respectively.

Every game poses a different challenge in League One and while Ian Evatt works tirelessly to prepare his players, the Bolton boss insists they must also be able to find solutions during games.

“There is always room for improvement and as the season progresses, teams will adapt and try different pressing strategies against us,” Evatt explained.

“We have to find the right solutions. We have seen a lot of the 5-2-3 press of late. Sometimes we have been successful and sometimes we haven’t, so we are working hard to break that down.

“For me, it is down to us and our performance levels. If we can do what I think we are capable of consistently, we will have no issues.”

He added: “It is my job as a manager to prepare the players as best as I can. That can only be done on the information we are given.

“For instance, we could watch the last 15 games that Carlisle have played and prepare a certain way. But if they completely change that on matchday, the players have to understand what the answers are, and that is my job to make sure they do that.

“Are they there yet? Absolutely not, but are they getting better? Yes, they are. We will continue to strive for that improvement and make sure we work hard on the training pitch to give them the right options and solutions.”

Carlisle have been active in the transfer market over the past month, which could make it even trickier to predict what the Whites will face at Brunton Park.

The unpredictable weather conditions in Cumbria could also give the Bolton chief food for thought.

“We will try our best,” Evatt smiled. “It is never an easy place to go. I don’t know which storm will turn up on Saturday but no doubt someone will make one up!

“We will just have to cope with as best as we can and perform to the best of our ability.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum