Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt backs Ogbeta to provide more magic moments

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt backs Ogbeta to provide more magic moments 17689754

It took Nat Ogbeta only a handful of minutes and a couple of touches to endear himself to the Bolton Wanderers supporters – but Ian Evatt is convinced he can enjoy many more magical moments.

The on-loan Swansea City defender scored the Whites’ fourth goal of the day against Carlisle United and indulged in a spot of cheerleading as the players walked off the pitch in front of 3,000 travelling supporters. All of this after less than 24 hours in the Bolton camp.

Evatt was happy to see his new signing make an immediate impact.

“Our wing-backs get into good positions and me and him spoke at length on Friday afternoon about what we expect from a player in his position,” he told The Bolton News. “We want to add goals to his game.

“His end product is really good, his crossing, his final third decision making and passes are really good, and he is an athlete. To play that position in this team you need to be athletic.

“I was really happy for him, it was a magical start.”

After Randell Williams was ruled out for two months with a hamstring injury, Zac Ashworth was the only remaining option at left wing-back, especially with Jack Iredale currently set as a centre-half.

Ogbeta’s arrival did not necessarily spell good news for the West Brom loanee – but he rose to the challenge after being named in the starting line-up at Brunton Park, scoring the first goal and creating the second.

“It was a good finish… Off the shin pad,” Evatt said of Ashworth’s 31st minute strike.

“The most important thing for Zac was that he was in the right position, we found him the correct way, we got him in behind – and sometimes you deserve the luck you are given.

“I was delighted for him as well, he stepped up for us. We were disappointed to lose Randell but I think he can still play a big part for us in the run-in, he has to focus now on the rehab.

“Having Carlos (Mendes Gomes) back makes a big difference too. The group is really together and we have said it all season it will take everybody to get us to where we want to be.”

Evatt acknowledged the huge travelling support in Cumbria, which counted towards the biggest crowd at Carlisle since September 2008.

“They were just amazing,” the manager said. “To make the journey and give the backing they did, I was just really glad they got the win they deserved as well, especially with the two goals at the end.

“We could have had more – Jon’s goal was clearly onside. We are a hard team to contain when we do the things we are coached to do.”

Wanderers had not been at their best in the previous two games against Leyton Orient and Cheltenham but Evatt had an inkling that his team was ready to respond in the right manner.

“We have had lots of conversations over the last few days with the players and just felt like I did last season at times, I know this group like the back of my hand, and I know when they are on it and full of belief and when they are not,” he said.

“They are making signings in the window and improving as a team. Paul (Simpson) always has them well organised, as we found out when they beat us at the Toughsheet.

“Over the last few days I really felt they were focused and back to enjoying the fruits of that hard work.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum