Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'We edged it' - Blackpool boss Critchley on Bolton victory

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'We edged it' - Blackpool boss Critchley on Bolton victory 17699053

Neil Critchley felt his Blackpool side deserved a place in the EFL Trophy semi-final following their win on penalties against Wanderers.

There was nothing to separate the sides after 90 minutes at Bloomfield Road, with Cameron Jerome and Dion Charles forcing good saves from Richard O’Donnell either side of half time.

The Seasiders won 5-4 in the shoot-out despite a couple of good stops by Joel Coleman to deny Ollie Norburn and Jordan Gabriel.

Critchley admitted Bolton had the better of the opening 45 minutes but was pleased with his side’s response after the break.

“It was a great night,” he told BBC Radio Lancashire. “Two good teams, a really good contest and not a lot in it the game.

“I thought Bolton had the better of the first half and we were the better team in the second half. The atmosphere was incredible, five or six thousand sounded like 50 or 60 thousand.

“We have come through a really good cup tie, an entertaining 0-0 and we are through to the semi-final.”

Critchley continued: “That is how we want to play. That is the type of team I want us to be. I want the supporters to identify with what they see on the pitch.

“I think the team is coming together, playing with belief and aggression. Some of our pressing was outstanding, we were relentless and I thought we were them down in the second half.

“We couldn’t quite force the goal and nearly got done with a sucker punch at the end. But I felt if anyone deserved to win in 90 minutes, we edged it. To win on penalties in front of the North Stand, it has been a special night for us.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum