Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has The World Gone Litigation Mad?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Has The World Gone Litigation Mad? Empty Has The World Gone Litigation Mad? Wed Nov 21 2012, 13:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In June 2011 a young 13 year old girl was sitting on a park bench in Cambridgeshire when a branch from a tree fell on her, killing her.

A terrible tragedy I'm sure you'll agree and absolutely awful for the parents. However, they decided to sue Yaxley Parish Council who were responsible for the trees in the park and, quite astonishingly, the Council have decided to settle out of court.

Now I feel for the parents but this is just madness, it seems there's no such thing as an "accident" anymore, someone always has to be to blame. And shame on the Council for not fighting this, how could they have possibly known the branch would fall? Are they supposed to do a risk assessment on every branch in every tree every single day?

Is this the future of our society? You fall down the stairs, sue your landlord. You slip on some ice, sue the council. You don't achieve orgasm, sue your partner?

Is it just me or has the world gone litigation crazy?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I know somebody who fell down the stairs in a famous 'restaurant'. They were off their head on drugs when they fell. They still managed to sue for almost £1 million pounds. True story.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Outrageous. Was it you?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wish it had been me.

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

About 2 years ago my missus backed into next doors front wall and pretty much knocked the whole thing down. I agreed to pay for a builder to rebuild it but my neighbour insisted he'd do it himself and pocket the difference. Fine with me, I wasn't bothered who pocketed the cash.

Anyway, he basically fcuked it up and the money I gave him didn't cover his costs and the wall was still only half rebuilt. When I refused to give him anymore cash he took me to court. 18 months later and the solicitors were still going at it when my neighbour finally decided enough was enough and withdrew his complaint.

Overall I spent about £10k on the whole episode, when it would only have cost £2k to get the wall rebuilt by a builder. Plus I now have a neighbour we don't speak to.

To make myself feel better everytime i come back from the pub I piss on his flowers.

Someone should sue Bolton Wanderers for claiming to play football LOLOLOL

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

arf arf arf Has The World Gone Litigation Mad? 2809350973

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum