Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are You Addicted To Technology?

+2
Lyric Todkill
Natasha Whittam
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are You Addicted To Technology? Empty Are You Addicted To Technology? Thu Nov 22 2012, 13:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was forced to use public transport this morning and share a train journey with the plebs and common folk who work in Manchester.

So I'm sat there in First Class watching the world go by when I snap out of my daydream about my winning goal at Deepdale in 1994 and actually take a minute to look at my travel companions.

Every single one of them, bar none, were using either a laptop, phone, tablet, ipad or some other bullshit gadget that they can't live without. The carriage was almost silent as no one was talking to the person next to them.

The world as we know it is about to end. There is no social interaction whatsoever. People have lost the ability to communicate with their voice.

Are you addicted to technology? Are you ashamed? Do you long for the good old days when people talked to each other?

2Are You Addicted To Technology? Empty Re: Are You Addicted To Technology? Thu Nov 22 2012, 14:02

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:I was forced to use public transport this morning and share a train journey with the plebs and common folk who work in Manchester.

So I'm sat there in First Class watching the world go by when I snap out of my daydream about my winning goal at Deepdale in 1994 and actually take a minute to look at my travel companions.

Every single one of them, bar none, were using either a laptop, phone, tablet, ipad or some other bullshit gadget that they can't live without. The carriage was almost silent as no one was talking to the person next to them.

The world as we know it is about to end. There is no social interaction whatsoever. People have lost the ability to communicate with their voice.

Are you addicted to technology? Are you ashamed? Do you long for the good old days when people talked to each other?
#

you

were on on bus?

Most disappointing

3Are You Addicted To Technology? Empty Re: Are You Addicted To Technology? Thu Nov 22 2012, 14:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Funny thing is most trains from Preston actually do not have 1st class!!! And if it had been the ruish hour then there would have been no room whatsoever to get any gadgets out whatsoever as teh trains are too overcrowded - even before I left for Holland, getting a train was the worst as it was always standing room only and all squashed up (inlcuding the rare times when there was a 1st class)!!! I know its even worse nowadays, especially with number of people not being able to get onto a train!!!

4Are You Addicted To Technology? Empty Re: Are You Addicted To Technology? Thu Nov 22 2012, 15:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I would rather they were silent. Who wants to listen to someone else's conversation?

5Are You Addicted To Technology? Empty Re: Are You Addicted To Technology? Thu Nov 22 2012, 15:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I probably am to be honest.

:falltopieces:

6Are You Addicted To Technology? Empty Re: Are You Addicted To Technology? Thu Nov 22 2012, 17:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It takes me all my time to boil an egg or work the microwave. We managed without mobile phones and all these gadgets thirty years ago. Back then we actually read Books!

7Are You Addicted To Technology? Empty Re: Are You Addicted To Technology? Thu Nov 22 2012, 17:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mobiles didn't "exist" in my life until the last year of high school when a few "rich" people started having Nokia 3210's.

I still had a beeper at that time.

Just before i left school i got my first mobile. This one.

Are You Addicted To Technology? M3288

8Are You Addicted To Technology? Empty Re: Are You Addicted To Technology? Thu Nov 22 2012, 18:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The earlier models were huge. It looked like a brick.

9Are You Addicted To Technology? Empty Re: Are You Addicted To Technology? Thu Nov 22 2012, 18:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I still had a beeper at that time.

Who beeped you? Your Mum?

10Are You Addicted To Technology? Empty Re: Are You Addicted To Technology? Thu Nov 22 2012, 19:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was mainly used for drug deals nat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum