Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Santos inching back towards first team return

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Santos inching back towards first team return 17598476

Ricardo Santos could be back in training next week at Wanderers following a calf injury, Ian Evatt has confirmed.

The club skipper has missed the last couple of games after sustaining a small tear in his soleus but has made good progress in his rehabilitation and may be back in the reckoning for the rescheduled game at Cambridge United or the trip to Blackpool later this month.

Wanderers have picked up no further casualties this week, with goalkeeper Nathan Baxter also improving after a wrist injury sustained against Barnsley.

Indeed, sub zero temperatures on the training ground were the main issue for Evatt and his squad on a wintry Thursday morning.

“We haven’t got any more injuries – hypothermia might have been the main concern this morning after the weather at Lostock. It was heavy going,” the manager said.

“Nathan’s wrist has settled really well, the swelling has more of less completely gone now, and he is fit to play.

“Rico is doing really well, I would think he will be back out on the grass next week and then playing again in a week to 10 days.”

Wanderers made a few changes in midweek at Cambridge United but with the game being called off after just nine minutes of play there are a few decisions to make on which of the starting line-up will keep their place.

Evatt said he will start with a blank sheet for the trip to Northampton Town.

“It does complicate things because certain players on Tuesday were rotated for rest, others were going to be given an opportunity. Now the players have been rested but the others didn’t get that opportunity,” he explained.

“I think we have 11 games in 35 days and 18 left this season, so I keep my messaging clear and consistent. We need everyone and everyone needs to stay ready.

“I can tell you it won’t be the same team because it isn’t the same opposition. We will look at things diligently and pick a team we think is capable of winning that game, also with an eye on planning for the next seven days with the two home fixtures to come.”

Northampton are placed 11th but have lost their last two games against Portsmouth and Shrewsbury.

Evatt has been impressed by the way Jon Brady’s side have fared since their promotion.

“They have had a really good first season back in League One and some good results,” he added. “I think just of late they have had a patch of injuries like us, some key players, and I don’t know how that is going to change of affect what they will do. It will be a challenging place to go, though.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum