Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cambridge boss Neil Harris makes Bolton promotion claim

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cambridge boss Neil Harris makes Bolton promotion claim 17772823

Cambridge boss Neil Harris labelled Wanderers the “best possession-based team in the league” and reckons Ian Evatt’s side have enough to go up this season.

The Whites came from behind to win 2-1 at the Abbey Stadium thanks to second-half goals from Paris Maghoma and Carlos Mendes Gomes.

Harris says his side gave a good account of themselves but felt Maghoma’s equaliser was a “really poor” goal to concede.

“We played really well in the first half against a really top side and we ended strongly in the last 20 minutes,” he told Cambridge Independent.

“I was disappointed with the 20 minutes at the start of the second half. Bolton are a really good side, but they have dominated much more than they dominated tonight in every (other) game.

“They are the best possession-based team in the league and they have got a lot of dangerous players. That is why they are going to get promoted and I wish them every luck with that.

“Tonight, we gave a really good account of ourselves. The second goal is a really good goal, an unbelievable ball and finish, but the first goal is really poor by us.

“You can’t play against the best side in the league and get beat by a set-play.”

Cambridge finished the game with 10 men after Lyle Taylor was shown a straight red card for lashing out at Jack Iredale.

“I have not seen it back,” Harris added. “I am not going to go and see the ref and ask what his thoughts are. There was just too much making it up as he went on tonight.

“We will watch it back and if there is a right to appeal, if Lyle was harshly done by, then we will certainly appeal. If it was (a red card), obviously we will take our medicine.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum