Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ricky Hatton Makes a come back

+10
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 00:13

He was doing quite well for the first 5 rounds, but his speed has gone and was being hit by punches that a few years ago wouldn't have connected with him.

22Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 11:01

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Saw it last night and all that has been said about speed and punches, so far, are correct. Sad way to end a career but will be remembered.

23Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 11:18

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hopefully he doesn't have another fight after last nights performance. He's past it and is going to get himself hurt if he carries on.

24Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 11:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:He's past it and is going to get himself hurt if he carries on.

It never stopped you arranging fights.

25Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 11:42

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I always win though. You know that.

26Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 11:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freddy Flintoff makes his pro boxing debut next Saturday night. He claims to have loads of people asking to fight him on Twitter. I have never heard of Freddy's opponent so it should be interesting to see if he is just being spoon fed a no-hoper.

27Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 12:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The things some people will do to stay in the limelight

28Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 12:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really hope Freddie is humiliated.

I'd love to see Freddy vs Mike Tyson in his prime.

29Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 13:24

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

An England great getting slagged.

Unbelievable.

30Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 14:19

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Freddy and hope he does well! Watched the first episode of his training program, it was a good watch.

31Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 14:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:An England great getting slagged.

Unbelievable.

cricket doesn't count.

32Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cricket is ace. This morning was fantastic.

33Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 17:26

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Boxing must be the hardest sport of all. The very object is to do as much damage to the other man as you can. no other sport is so brutal.

Having said that, I think Hatton came back for one last (maybe) pay day. I can remember after his last fight, fans who went were saying that he should call it a day. He did but the £1(2)million was too much to turn down.

This time next year if the possibility of a fight with Khan or whoever is on the cards, my guess is he will go for it.

34Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 18:02

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I'd like to see Mike Tyson v George Foreman in his prime, But mike wouldn,t even touch 40 year old foreman he said to don king i aint getting anywhere near him, you want the fight you fight him.

35Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 21:35

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hatton has called it a day now. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind again in a couple years time.

36Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 21:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Hatton has called it a day now. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind again in a couple years time.

He will do, he'll want another pay day.

I have more respect for people like Lennox Lewis who retire and stay retired so as not to tarnish their legendary status.

37Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Sun Nov 25 2012, 21:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even the Greatest went on for far too long. I think it'sjust the competitive nature of certain sportsmen. The mind is willing but the body is weak.

38Ricky Hatton Makes a come back - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Makes a come back Mon Nov 26 2012, 00:47

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He won't return again, not a chance.

You could tell in the first round he was too old. His timing was totally off and imo never looked like winning - years of drinking and drugs will have totally shot his nervous system and it was pretty evident here, hes always been poor defensively and so now hes hardly moving at all, and now his punching power and accuracy has gone he has nothing left - another fight could seriously damage him.

Forget about a Hatton - Kahn fight, in his day he would have had that easy but now it would be a second round KO for Kahn.

He just needs to accept that hes old and needs to settle, open a gym and train others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum