Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adeboyejo targeting quick start as Wanderers head to Exeter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adeboyejo targeting quick start as Wanderers head to Exeter 17833518

Exeter is the first of 10 “cup finals” for Wanderers as they battle for promotion, says Victor Adeboyejo.

The Whites moved above Derby into the automatic promotion spots following their spirited comeback at Barnsley in midweek.

Adeboyejo is keen to build on the second-half display at Oakwell as Bolton make the long trip to St James Park.

“Of course, we are going to take a lot of heart from coming back from 2-0 down,” said the forward, who scored his 10th league goal of the season against the Tykes.

“I think the spirit and fight we have got within the team is amazing but the frustrating thing right now is the fact that we keep having to show that.

“We are good enough to try and blow teams away from early on in games, and it is just finding that way to get it from the off. But I think the spirit and character from every single one of us is second to none.”

When asked what needs to change to get their noses in front, Adeboyejo replied: “I don’t think too much. Early goals would be amazing because they dampen the hearts of the teams chasing us.

“The way we play, we set up to wear teams down and tire them out. You can sometimes see teams are very by the time the second half comes.

“We need to maybe be more clinical and create more chances, but the boys are giving it everything and the spirit it takes to come back from 2-0 down is massive. It will stand us in good stead ahead of the next few games.”

The 26-year-old has started alongside January signing Aaron Collins during the past couple of matches.

Whichever strike partnership Ian Evatt chooses at Exeter, Adeboyejo is confident they can get the job done.

“It is getting used to different people and styles but at the end of the day, our job is to score goals,” he explained.

“Whether it is me, Aaron, Dion (Charles) or whoever it is, that is what we need to be doing.

“I think no matter what combination we put out, everyone is capable of getting goals. It is just about finding a rhythm with each other and then doing what we need to do.”

The striker was on target during the emphatic 7-0 win against Exeter at the Toughsheet Community Stadium earlier in the season.

Adeboyejo is expecting a tougher test this time around and insists the Wanderers squad cannot afford to rest on their laurels as they aim to keep the pressure on leaders Portsmouth.

“Every game from now until the end of the season is a cup final really and we have to treat every game like that,” he said.

“They have their qualities and what they are good at, but we have to just focus on ourselves and try to replicate that second half at Barnsley.

“If we can do that, I don’t think there are many teams in the league who can stop us.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum