Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers' workload has been toughest I have ever known, says Evatt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers' workload has been toughest I have ever known, says Evatt 17835273

Wanderers’ schedule in League One is the most challenging that Ian Evatt has ever known in football – but he is confident his team are in the right shape to handle it.

Saturday’s game at Exeter City will be the 21st they have kicked-off since the turn of the year – by far the most in the division and seven more than their hosts.

Evatt wants one more big push from his players over the coming week, which sees a trip to St James Park followed by a home game against Oxford United and then, finally, a game at Derby County.

“Firstly, we need to get to the international window,” he said. “It is a hard, tough week to come but then we have been saying that every week for what feels like ages. It has been relentless and as tough as I have ever known as a player or manager.

“We looked at some stats but including the abandoned games we have played something like 20 games and Barnsley have had 12, so it shows the level of our workload, but it was us who finished strong on Tuesday night.

“We need to finish this week well and then we have the ability to reset and get pretty much everyone back from injury, which will be key for us in the run-in.

“Also, the potential of having time on the grass for us is huge. When we get a lead-up to a game where we can really focus on what our plan is in and out of possession, then we are a much better team.

“Firstly, we have three very important games, starting with Exeter.”

Asked about promotion nerves, Evatt said the fightback to get a point at Barnsley proved how much his players want to keep themselves in contention for a top two spot.

“I don’t sense any nerves but obviously we care about it so much and want it so bad, we do have to be careful that it doesn’t spill over and become desperation, or in turn be fearful. We have to manage the emotion of it all,” he said.

“We are now in a 10-game season, that is how we have to look at it, and make sure we come out on top of it. If we can, we will be promoted.”

Wanderers beat Exeter City 7-0 in November, a result which Evatt feels will offer Saturday’s opponents some extra incentive to perform.

“Obviously that will live in the memory for them and they will have extra motivation, I’d think,” he said. “They have been on an upward curve on results, they caused Barnsley and Peterborough problems, so we know it will be tough.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum