Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers rocked by double injury to key strikers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers rocked by double injury to key strikers 17841708

Wanderers have suffered injury setbacks on TWO of their first-choice strikers.

Victor Adeboyejo limped out of the 2-2 draw against Exeter City today with a hamstring problem and Ian Evatt revealed after the final whistle that Dion Charles has also aggravated a knee injury which had been on the mend.

Goalkeeper Nathan Baxter is on course to return after next weekend’s game at Derby County but the prospect of missing two of his key front men had the Bolton boss cursing his luck.

“We are being absolutely crucified with injuries at the moment,” he said. “Victor has hurt his hamstring, Dion has also had a reaction with his knee, so we don’t know how that is going to look, moving forward.

“We are obviously still waiting on Nathan. And it is tough to take.

“But all we can do is keep our heads down, regather, regroup and go again for the next game.”

Wanderers scrambled to save a point at St James Park with Eoin Toal’s 87th minute header but with Derby County winning well at Bristol Rovers, they dropped to third.

Peterborough United made up ground with a win at Burton Albion but Barnsley suffered a shock 5-1 home defat against Lincoln.

Given Bolton’s control at Exeter in the first half, and in the final 15 minutes, their defensive lapses felt all the more severe.

But Evatt insists that no singular players should be blamed.

“Individual mistakes happen, and I am never going to chastise individual players, it is not the way I do things, not the way I work, and I don’t think it is responsible of a manager to do that. This is very much a collective, and when someone does make a mistake, it is up to the team, together, to pick them up again and get them out of it. We didn’t, we let the game go down to 2-1, and that is down to the entire team.

“It took us 20 minutes to get some equilibrium and an equaliser then to push for a winner but the three minutes after half time was self-inflicted.

“When you don’t win it feels like two points dropped. But we didn’t lose, and that could be important. We know it is going to be really tight and there have been points dropped all over the place elsewhere.

“It is on us. It is our responsibility to get the points we need to get into the top two.”

Source

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just bloody marvelous this is! ::mad::

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum