Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedmans Brighton reaction

+3
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
aaron_bwfc
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Freedmans Brighton reaction Empty Freedmans Brighton reaction Sat Nov 24 2012, 20:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

“I am not going to say that it was a fantastic performance by us. I am not even going to say that we deserve a draw – we underperformed. But, when you have characters in the dressing room that keep on going, it is never over.

“I have seen Brighton many times and that is the best I have ever seen them play.

“They will be disappointed not to have taken the points, but then that is down to us and our desire to compete and get a goal.

“It was a wonderful performance by them, but we dug in, had a never-say-die attitude and were backed by the 1,200 fans who made the long journey. We kept going and showed great mental strength.

“We are unbeaten in five now, but I have come here to win football matches and take us forward. I know the quality that we have in the dressing room, but today showed me that we have character and determination and that we don’t give up.

“We have a good group who want to do well for each other and the club. We will stick together and keep on going. Sure, there will be a few knocks along the way, ups and downs, but I am here to make them play better. We know what we want to achieve.

“It’s a quick turn around for our next game away at Blackburn. It's another derby match and I am looking forward to that. We will have more than 2,000 fans backing us there and I really appreciate the support that we’re getting on our travels.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At least he isn't bullshitting us like OC, he's actually being honest and admits we we're not at our best.

A decent reaction to the game IMO. Some good comments.

2Freedmans Brighton reaction Empty Re: Freedmans Brighton reaction Sat Nov 24 2012, 20:40

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

“They will be disappointed not to have taken the points, but then that is down to us and our desire to compete and get a goal."

But when we were winning 1-0 at home and ended up with a draw he said we were unlucky not to take all three points - not that it was down to the opposition keeping going. And Brighton were far better and deserving of a win than we had been last week. To be honest they hit the woodwork 3 or more times. Bogdan made loads of saves, including saving a penalty. We scored after 95 minutes. To say we got lucky is an understatement.

3Freedmans Brighton reaction Empty Re: Freedmans Brighton reaction Sat Nov 24 2012, 20:50

jayjay23 wrote:“They will be disappointed not to have taken the points, but then that is down to us and our desire to compete and get a goal."

But when we were winning 1-0 at home and ended up with a draw he said we were unlucky not to take all three points - not that it was down to the opposition keeping going. And Brighton were far better and deserving of a win than we had been last week. To be honest they hit the woodwork 3 or more times. Bogdan made loads of saves, including saving a penalty. We scored after 95 minutes. To say we got lucky is an understatement.

What would you prefer he said? He hasn't blamed the ref or pretended we were better than we were, but he has to focus on positives to an extent or he'd damage the players confidence.

Poor performance yes, but we got a point now we've got to hope he's learnt a bit more about the team and will improve us.

Lucky or not, we're still undefeated and given the fixtures I'd guess we'd of lost most of them under Coyle, give him at least a few months before you judge him, we may not get up this year but if we can start building a side we should be stronger next year.

4Freedmans Brighton reaction Empty Re: Freedmans Brighton reaction Sat Nov 24 2012, 21:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Honestly it's a top interview for me. Everything he says is true (according to those who saw the game) Brighton will be disappointed not to win but we managed to only concede one, Bogdan did a terrific job in nets, we got a bit of luck and kept plugging away to snatch a goal.

away from home, at a hard ground, i can't imagine why anyone would moan... oh wait it's Bolton fans.

5Freedmans Brighton reaction Empty Re: Freedmans Brighton reaction Sat Nov 24 2012, 21:21

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So we got a lucky point today, it's nothing to be ashamed about. When you aren't playing well and the opposition are on top you need to stay in the game and we did that, how many times have you seen Man Utd or Chelsea get something at the death when they deserved nothing. Scoring in the last minute to grab a point will feel like a win, Brighton failed to take their chances and only have themselves to blame. Let's look at this as bonus point and go to Venky's on Weds and get all three.

Well done to those who made the trip today, and lets make enough noise on Wednesday night to take the roof of the Darwen End.

6Freedmans Brighton reaction Empty Re: Freedmans Brighton reaction Sat Nov 24 2012, 22:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't agree more with posts 3, 4 and 5.

7Freedmans Brighton reaction Empty Re: Freedmans Brighton reaction Sun Nov 25 2012, 08:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:So we got a lucky point today, it's nothing to be ashamed about. When you aren't playing well and the opposition are on top you need to stay in the game and we did that, how many times have you seen Man Utd or Chelsea get something at the death when they deserved nothing.

This is said about teams that usually play well, but grind out points when they aren't playing well.

We never play well.

8Freedmans Brighton reaction Empty Re: Freedmans Brighton reaction Sun Nov 25 2012, 10:27

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
NickFazer wrote:So we got a lucky point today, it's nothing to be ashamed about. When you aren't playing well and the opposition are on top you need to stay in the game and we did that, how many times have you seen Man Utd or Chelsea get something at the death when they deserved nothing.

This is said about teams that usually play well, but grind out points when they aren't playing well.

We never play well.

I take your point, but at the moment a little good fortune is what we need, if we were to mug Rovers on Wednesday and get a home win next Saturday then some confidence may return and performances improve.

Generally the 80/20 rule applies as much in football as anywhere else in life, most of the time you get what you deserve and occasionally you get a little more or a little less. We are 18th now because we deserve to be but in May we finish 5th then we will deserve that also.

9Freedmans Brighton reaction Empty Re: Freedmans Brighton reaction Sun Nov 25 2012, 12:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm glad he's recognised that we need to start playing better and winning instead of drawing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum