Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who would you like?

+7
terenceanne
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who would you like? Empty Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 18:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the January transfer window approaching are there any particular players you think DF should be attempting to sign, either on loan or permanently.

Three areas we are desperate in are GK-CB-ST.
With bogdan being a liability lately (apart from Brighton) and lonergan sidelined I would like to see us enquire about brad friedel, he's the kind of old head we need, He's not much of a future at tottenham and would be brilliant in helping bogdan improve his weaknesses.

I think we all know that Matt mills, Tim ream and zat knight are not up to scratch so we should be aiming to bring in one maybe two CB's depending on when wheater is back. No-one stands out to me that I can think of but I'm sure you guys can name a few!

Finally, upfront, the rumour of John guidetti coming in on loan is what i like to see, he would bang them in for us especially with the amount of chances we create! May be a bit difficult to pull off but we can dream. I also like the look of Guly de prado, he isn't getting many games for Southampton but he was impressive last year for them, he got into double figures I'm sure.

If we can add a bit more quality in the window, along with the return of wheater and Holden we can really kick on in the second half of the season and give a promotion push a real good go!

Thoughts?

2Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 18:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A good back up keeper, a centre back and a goal poacher i.e. Klasnic/Kev phillips type player and we may have a chance.

Somehow I would trust dougie more than coyle in january to bring in the ''right type'' of player to help us get back on track.

3Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:06

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It is refreshing to see a player brought in who actually gets a game. Long may that continue.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would love Darren Bent on a loan deal from Villa.

5Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:11

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Does it not worry people that a lacking match fitness lad from norwich can walk into our starting 11, i'm not saying butterfield isn't good but it worrys me slightly.

6Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:15

I know Guidetti would do well for us, he's top class. But he really can't be the only striker we bring in, we can't afford to rely on short term players alone, because if we did get promoted we'd end up being fucked when they all went back to their parent clubs.

Time to invest a bit of money and bring in some bright young players from abroad and the lower leagues, investments that we can sell in the future for a profit and re-invest again, I'd rather a long term plan be put in place so we can get back to the premier league and stay there, I'd happily stay in the championship for another year or two if that's what was needed.

I'd take a look at Sheffield United's young centre back Harry Maguire he'd be a good start for us, Jonny russell at Dundee may be worth a punt too, and maybe Dougie could try and get Jonny Williams from Palace? Although I doubt they'd sell him and he may not want to come!

Just suggestions anyway, I just hope the club has a plan and is ready to invest some money, we need it.

7Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:17

aaron_bwfc wrote:Does it not worry people that a lacking match fitness lad from norwich can walk into our starting 11, i'm not saying butterfield isn't good but it worrys me slightly.

I've known our midfield is shit ever since Holden got injured, then Coyle decided we didn't need reinforcements, Muamba happened and we didn't re-sign Reo-Coker, it's got progressively weaker over the past couple of years.

I'm sure Dougie will address it ASAP as he did with Butterfield because it's the most important position on the pitch and the main reason for our downfall IMO.

8Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We missed a trick on Stephen Quinn at Sheff Utd, he had a stormer against us for Hull at the KC earlier this season.

It will be big call if Eddie davies put his hand his pocket in January, I can't see it personally, I think the board will ask DF to go down the loan route.

9Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a captain, a leader on the pitch. Something we haven't had for a very long time. Preferably he'd be a central defender.

10Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie may have his eye on one or two of his former players at Palace. He could pull a few rabbits out of his hat in January.

11Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:We need a captain, a leader on the pitch. Something we haven't had for a very long time. Preferably he'd be a central defender.

I agree. If we only made one signing that's the one that we need but I can't think of any obvious candidates.

Still I imagine whoever Dougie gets it won't be as bad as OC would have done (2 new wingers plus a striker he never picks).

12Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 21:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Players who can't get a game in their own team are probably not good enough for us either. Exceptions being Sturridge and Jack the Lad of course..... maybe Spearing.

Speaking of which...Sturridge might be on the outside again at Chelski ......that might be worth a cheeky punt.

Other youg lads will be no use in the defensive area IMO. Also I would bring back Eaves and give him a run......not to mention Sordell.

13Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 22:04

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:Dougie may have his eye on one or two of his former players at Palace. He could pull a few rabbits out of his hat in January.
I wouldn't mind Dougie trying to sign Paddy McCarthy from Palace, he's a good solid central defender. I think we need to strengthen our goal keeping department as well. I have always rated the Fulham number 2 David Stockdale, who is currently on loan to Hull until January.

We really need to bring in players in all areas and get rid of quite a few as well. I'm looking forward to January already.

14Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Tue Nov 27 2012, 23:38

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I have no problem at all with loans, out of the four we have got so far:

one is our best holding midfielder

one is the best LB we have had for 3 years

one seems to be promising, but we unfortunately might not have him long

And one is Afobe..

Id rather have a team with strong loan players in to try and get us to the play offs than a team of cheap nobodies who might or might not come good in 3-4 years.

Once we are in the prem we can worry about getting new players for the future, we will have all summer and an extra 20 mill from increased tv rights.

We just tried to do the cheap young squad thing, we got relegated. Im all for getting a few young players for the future, but we don't need a whole squad of them.

15Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Wed Nov 28 2012, 01:54

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lofty_Love wrote:I have no problem at all with loans, out of the four we have got so far:

one is our best holding midfielder

one is the best LB we have had for 3 years

one seems to be promising, but we unfortunately might not have him long

And one is Afobe..

Id rather have a team with strong loan players in to try and get us to the play offs than a team of cheap nobodies who might or might not come good in 3-4 years.

Once we are in the prem we can worry about getting new players for the future, we will have all summer and an extra 20 mill from increased tv rights.

We just tried to do the cheap young squad thing, we got relegated. Im all for getting a few young players for the future, but we don't need a whole squad of them.
We have a team in the under 18s, that have beaten all in front of them, depending on how much pressure Dougie has been placed under, we have players that can do the business, and they wouldnt sulk if dropped, it may take a while but we are on track.

16Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Wed Nov 28 2012, 02:48

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:
We have a team in the under 18s, that have beaten all in front of them, depending on how much pressure Dougie has been placed under, we have players that can do the business, and they wouldnt sulk if dropped, it may take a while but we are on track.

Theres a massive difference between Under 18s and first team, just because they are doing well there doesn't mean they are anywhere near first team football.

Rhys Bennett was regularly captain of the reserves two years ago, hes now 20 and signed on with Rochdale...

Promising youth prospects rarely make it, I wouldn't hang all our hopes on the youth system. First you need an established team, with both experienced and young players, and then you can slowly feed the young players through that. We should get a few good players out of that youth system in the future, given the money we have invested and, as you said, how well they are doing, but I doubt they will have a real influence on the first team for 3-4 years yet.

17Who would you like? Empty Re: Who would you like? Wed Nov 28 2012, 08:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aren't some of the loan players going back in January? Replacing them would be a start, but beyond that I'm not convinced there's much in the way of budget heading Dougie's way,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum