Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman's view of the game - Ipswich

+7
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Lyric Todkill
Bernard Dennis Park
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Freedman's view of the game - Ipswich Empty Freedman's view of the game - Ipswich Sat Dec 01 2012, 18:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dougie Freedman has voiced the importance of seeing out games after Wanderers' six-game unbeaten run came to an end against Ipswich Town at the Reebok.

Mark Davies' sixth-minute strike gave the Whites an early lead, but second-half goals courtesy of DJ Campbell from the penalty spot and Michael Chopra sealed all three points for the visitors.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Freedman said: “It’s obviously disappointing not to take the three points today and see the unbeaten run end. Saying that, I learnt a lot from today’s performance.

“We took the lead with a well-worked goal and good finish from Mark Davies. We certainly created chances in both halves and had the opportunity to put the game to bed. You have to take those chances and if you don’t the opposition can always work their way back into the game.

“There was nothing wrong with our build-up play and there was nothing wrong defensively. We moved the ball well, but I just felt that we couldn’t see the game out, and if you are winning 1-0, that is what you have to do.

We need to play a certain way when we’re in that position to see a game out. I don’t think the players’ mind-set is to win 1-0. So they need a bit of help. So we will try and give them that little bit of help. That is where we have to try and get to.

“I feel we’ve got enough quality in this group of players to win games like that. Full credit to Ipswich though. They kept on going and got their reward.

“The players have been very good in terms of game management on the pitch, going a goal down and having a good response and I know that we will have a positive reaction on Monday.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How the fuck do professional players paid thousands of pounds per week not know how to defend a lead???

Fcuking unbelievable if true!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'd get rid off all our defenders. They're all shit. Bogdan can fuck off too if he carries on gifting teams goals. We've no chance with the players we've got.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Incorrect diagnosis, Dougie

Should have 4 up, with very decent chances

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More Coyle-esque bollocks.

We can't score goals because the forwards are shit. The one forward who has scored goals at this level can't even make the squad. Ngog is an absolutely shit player, how much longer do you keep giving him a chance? He must have played 30-40 games or so by now and isn't it clear he's worse than Elmander in front of goal.

And the defence, for fuck's sake. If anything it's worse under Freedman because we're supposed to have tightened up by playing a less attacking game.

And I agree with Bernie, it's time to just admit Bogdan is shite. He played well at Brighton but he can't do the basics properly - too many goals gifted because he can't catch or palms the ball out to a forward.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ngog is an absolutely shit player, how much longer do you keep giving him a chance? He must have played 30-40 games or so by now and isn't it clear he's worse than Elmander in front of goal.

50 games he's played. 6 goals and little contribution to the team. Waste of money. No wonder the scousers I know were pissing themselves when we paid £4.5 million for him.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Ngog is an absolutely shit player, how much longer do you keep giving him a chance? He must have played 30-40 games or so by now and isn't it clear he's worse than Elmander in front of goal.

50 games he's played. 6 goals and little contribution to the team. Waste of money. No wonder the scousers I know were pissing themselves when we paid £4.5 million for him.

Yet more evidence of just how useless a manager Coyle was. No ability to identify a striker despite previously being one! And his judgement on defenders was even worse (Mears!!!)

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I came close to tears when I saw big sam on MOTD last night after they beat Chelsea, just the sight of our old players who, by the last 2 managers were deemed not good enough are now playing premier league football under the best manager we have ever had.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:I came close to tears when I saw big sam on MOTD last night after they beat Chelsea, just the sight of our old players who, by the last 2 managers were deemed not good enough are now playing premier league football under the best manager we have ever had.

:clap:

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:I came close to tears when I saw big sam on MOTD last night after they beat Chelsea, just the sight of our old players who, by the last 2 managers were deemed not good enough are now playing premier league football under the best manager we have ever had.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Rehashing what I have said for years albeit in a joking manner..... SKD is working to get rid of his 6th manager at my club. I said it should be written into the new managers contract that if he plays SKD then he will be fired immediately. I stand by it.

Picking on KD....no...not his fault at all..... it's the top down philosophy of little old Bolton....scared to make serious moves, good old shift, keeping players well past their due date & the good old hoofball and a nod on.

Fat Phil and Eddie need to retire and the club be sold to someone who demands results.

Knee jerk reaction...no...said this since Big Sam left.

Meanwhile...what to do right now? I'm stumped. The Sordell situation is out of control...we are back to playing lads out of position, unable to dominate pub teams, Doogie doesn't seem to know what a footballer looks like much like the previous clowns.

On paper there is still time to turn this around but I can't see how.... switching full backs around is not the answer and January might produce one or two signings but that is pure hope at this point.

Promotion is long gone and even if we got up can you imagine the hammerings we would take....ouch.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we went up, we'd be alright, there plenty off money to be made in the Premier League, which you'd hope would be invested in some half decent players

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:Rehashing what I have said for years albeit in a joking manner..... SKD is working to get rid of his 6th manager at my club. I said it should be written into the new managers contract that if he plays SKD then he will be fired immediately. I stand by it.

Yeah why the hell would he ever pick our joint top scorer, and second highest assist maker, and most successful, and highest experienced player...

I agree SKD can't play every match due to fitness, but I wish he could, him and Eagles are the only players to perform this season..

This hatred of SKD has no foundation other than hes old, its a joke.

His record this season (before Ipswich) is a goal from every 5 shots. Im pretty sure that will be the best conversion rate of the squad. But no hes old so he must be shit....

Lets stick Afobe and N'gog on every game.. they have had a great season Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You miss the point LL. The problem isn't necessarily Kevin Davies, it's the way we play with Kevin Davies in the team. The rest of the squad are too reliant on the long punt upto his head. There were a couple of times yesterday when Afobe was asking for the ball played on the deck through to him, but the defender/midfielder chose to kick it high. Because that's what Bolton players do.

We need a brave manager to say enough is enough and move Davies on in January. There will be no shortage of takers. It will benefit BWFC long-term.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Sun Dec 02 2012, 13:02; edited 1 time in total

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And the above comment proves my point to a tee.

We can't get past it and move on .....look at the big picture not the individual players......as for Afobe, he is a loaner and Ngog looks like a good sub type. Are we weak at striker? of course.....and have been for years.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:You miss the point LL. The problem isn't necessarily Kevin Davies, it's the way we play with Kevin Davies in the team. The rest of the squad are too reliant on the long punt upto his head. There were a couple of times yesterday when Afobe was asking for the ball played on the deck through to him, but the defender/midfielder chose to kick it high. Because that's what Bolton players do.

How is that the fault of Davies.

I don't recall us playing that way against Blackburn, and he scored... with his foot

In fact it was reportedly one of his best performances of the season. And one of our best passing displays.

Teams play long ball when they are playing badly and not in control, regardless of whos upfront. Its a total myth that Kevin Davies being on the pitch makes us only play aimless long ball. When we are dominating we play properly, when we are nervous we play long ball, even if N'gog is upfront.

A Newcastle fan I know told me that they have been playing too much long ball recently.. thats because they aren't playing well and are not in control, not because they have Ba and Cisse upfront..

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How many more times does this have to be said? nobody is blaming SKD directly.

Two years ago Berbatov scored 5 in a game....next game dropped....Rooney did a hatrick....next game dropped. SKD has one good game.....automatic write in for the next three games. The big guys look at the whole picture...good of the team ...longer term....we don't.

Side note: look at Chelski now.....that nutcase owner got rid of Drogba & Anelka...insists on playing that expensive donkey Torres.....they still have a very good team but because of that automatic write in of Torres...they are a step behind....not the best interest of the club long term.

Anyway I'm waffling now...

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:How many more times does this have to be said? nobody is blaming SKD directly.

I realise this, thats why I referred to the fact that we anr't playing long ball because Davies is in the team, we use long ball when we are being outplayed, despite who is the striker. A fact you seem to ignore.

It happens in all teams playing badly/without confidence, they play long ball, its not because of one individual.

As I said Newcastle have started playing more long ball, not because they think this is the best option for Ba and Cisse but because they are not controlling matches or playing well.

As showing on Wednesday we can pass the ball around with Kev on the pitch, and he can score.

Why would we sell our top high scorer who has a conversion rate of just over 1 goal every 5 shots. In comparison Eagles has made the most shot in the league and scored the same amount of goals as Kev.

How would dropping Kev improve our game? It would just mean that when we are getting outplayed and resorting to long ball then it would be even less effective.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Even when Davies isn't in the team Knight and Mills will just twat the ball high in the air. It's all they're capable off the shit twats. Kevin Davies is our top scorer and until we sign someone better he has to stay in the team. Ngog, Afobe and Sordell can fuck off.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well what exactly is the answer then? We have shuffled the back four, shuffled midfield and changed Goalie. So what do you blokes think is the problem.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We need a another striker, because right now we only have one, Kevin Davies.

I never said our strikeforce was strong, but you want to drop and sell the strongest player in it!

We also need to get Butterfield on a season loan if possible and a new right back

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum