Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Euro-zone Crisis and The Demise of Bolton Wanderers

+5
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Lofty_Love
NickFazer
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Part 1

For over a decade the member states of the EU have been engaged on an unprecedented orgy of reckless spending with little or no regard as to how they were ever going to balance the books. Encouraged by greedy bankers and some misguided notion that cheap easy credit would be for evermore available, governments have wasted billions of their taxpayers cash on a disastrous vanity project that the population at large never wanted in the first place.

In 2007 / 2008 he chickens came home to roost. Europe's economy is down the sink and may take 50 years, and the EU to break up to fix it.

Part 2

For the best part of a decade the owners and senior management of Bolton Wanderers have been engaged on an unprecedented orgy of reckless spending with little or no regard as to how they were ever going to balance the books. Backed by a wealthy owner and some misguided notion that cheap easy credit would be for evermore available, the club has spent millions of their owners,supporters and TV revenues on a project that has left the club with enormous debts and they are rising.

In May 2012 the chickens came home to roost. The club relegated from the Premier League and on a much reduced income faces some difficult times. The current squad looks far from a team capable of returning to the Premier League without further investment.

The lesson in all this is that living beyond your means never has a happy ending and I am afraid that this mess will take as much sorting out as the EU economy. Does anybody actually know the financial situation the club is in and I don't mean the platitudes from Gartside et al that amount to "everything is under control trust me and Eddie".

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

NickFazer wrote:
For the best part of a decade the owners and senior management of Bolton Wanderers have been engaged on an unprecedented orgy of reckless spending with little or no regard as to how they were ever going to balance the books. Backed by a wealthy owner and some misguided notion that cheap easy credit would be for evermore available, the club has spent millions of their owners,supporters and TV revenues on a project that has left the club with enormous debts and they are rising.

And fans still criticise Gartside and Eddie for being 'tight'.. laughable

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good post NF. I have no idea what the financial state of the club is really in, but I do know that being £135m in debt is not hunky-dory as Gartside would have us believe. I have little sympathy though, these are the fools that sanctioned Owen Coyle to spend big on the likes of Ngog & Sordell.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Pottering around in the Championship isn't going to get us the money we need, yet we don't have the nous to get out of the situation. It won't take a very big financial problem to push us under, and with the team not producing results, in the current climate, its only a matter of time.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With some investment in January (you have to speculate to accumulate) we can easily push up the table, a striker would be my priority...

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

A striker definitely, and a goalie.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Staying in the Championship certainly isn't going to ease the situation and as none of the present squad have any resale value, except possibly Mavis, then increasing the debt mountain even further will be the only alternative. It is at best a high risk strategy but what's another 3 or 4 million when you already owe over 130.

Personally I don't think that a club the size of Bolton can ever pay back such a large amount, Premier League or not, somebody somewhere is looking at taking a massive haircut of 100 Million plus. Good Luck Eddie, rather you than me pal.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:With some investment in January (you have to speculate to accumulate) we can easily push up the table, a striker would be my priority...

When the fuck have we EVER done this?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:With some investment in January (you have to speculate to accumulate) we can easily push up the table, a striker would be my priority...

When the fuck have we EVER done this?

Andy Walker?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't we spend 8 million on Anelka and 8.2 Million on Elmander?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Didn't we spend 8 million on Anelka and 8.2 Million on Elmander?

I don't think they were bought in January...I might be wrong though.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

oh i see you mean just investment in January. Ok.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We bought Sordell last January. That worked out well.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:We bought Sordell last January. That worked out well.

You tight bastard, the boy is homesick!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He'll moan about anything that wanker.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Homesick? The little ponce ought to do what the Services do, away from the UK, family, friends, not just home, for months on end. Whinging little tit, he ought to man-up and get on with it, bloody spoilt brat.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

gloswhite wrote:Homesick? The little ponce ought to do what the Services do, away from the UK, family, friends, not just home, for months on end. Whinging little tit, he ought to man-up and get on with it, bloody spoilt brat.

I agree there are lads in afghan who don't see there families for months at a tme and sadly don't see them again but this little prick is moaning about living 3 hours away from his family earning shit loads of money. Bring your family up to bolton if you want to see them that badly.

Man up you little bastard!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum