Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Battle of the champions - Germany v ENGLAND!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Anyone else watching Dortmund v Man City on SS2? Don't usually cheer City on, but they're playing the champions of Germany!

I hope City smash them and I hope their fans have the good sense to sing the German bombers song!

Elsewhere, Arsenal are playing at Olympiakos in a game I have little interest in....

Last edited by Lt. Boon on Tue 4 Dec - 19:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arsenal are playing most of their reserves.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always want the English teams to do well - They are English after all.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want them all to lose.

I hate them usually so why would i cheer on Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea?

Makes me feel sick.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

HT: 0-0

Not exactly a classic!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arsenal are winning.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Don't hate any team except MUFC.

Would cheer the rest on against any foreign team, the ones who are apparently in the 'better' leagues than the prem, bullshit.

Ive actually developed a soft spot for Arsenal lately, not the fans, but the stick Wenger has got for the last two years is ridiculous.

Him and Fergie are the best two managers England has had over the last decade.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tend to agree about Wenger but he is going to have to get his act together sooner rather than later. It would be quite fitting if Arsenal won the Champions League but the fact that Wenger hardly ever buys English players makes me think that he will never succeed. Arsenal play some decent stuff but it tends to be all Gallic flair with no substance.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're a shadow of what they once were. their football is average nowadays.

And god, Jenkinson is CRAP....

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Compared to the top teams Wenger is given such little money - I honestly think this is the only problem.

Apparently since the Emirates was built Arsenal have had a average net transfer spend per season of -£6,942,857..

Chelsea since Abramovich = £49,722,222 per season.

No manager can compete with that.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't argue with that.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Compared to the top teams Wenger is given such little money - I honestly think this is the only problem.

If you listen to some Arsenal fans then you might change your opinion. Wenger had money to spend but baulked on paying top whack for Gary Cahill and Mark Schwarzer. The Arsenal board have given him money but for some reason he only likes to spend it on foreign imports. Mertesacker and Gervinho are no match for the likes of Henry and Adams.

Look at the farce with Almunia last year. He needed a quality keeper and he ended up fiddling while Rome burned.

Apart from Wilshere, Walcott, Riley and Jenkinson he has hardly any home grown talent. I can remember watching an Arsenal match where they didn't field a single player from any of the British Isle including the bench.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are getting smacked here, not that it matters.

Jenkinson is shite!

and Meade can't defend for toffee.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:

If you listen to some Arsenal fans then you might change your opinion. Wenger had money to spend but baulked on paying top whack for Gary Cahill and Mark Schwarzer. The Arsenal board have given him money but for some reason he only likes to spend it on foreign imports. Mertesacker and Gervinho are no match for the likes of Henry and Adams.

Look at the farce with Almunia last year. He needed a quality keeper and he ended up fiddling while Rome burned.

Apart from Wilshere, Walcott, Riley and Jenkinson he has hardly any home grown talent. I can remember watching an Arsenal match where they didn't field a single player from any of the British Isle including the bench.

Do the board give him money? I know a lot of reports say they do, but its not usually managers who hold back on spending money which they have been given. If it is Wenger whos holding back I can't understand why. Whenever there is an interview with the directors they always say they are working to a plan, the plan sounds like spending as little as possible.

Gervinho and Mertesacker didn't have massively high fees compared with the amount you would be expected to pay for a English player of equal past success, they were about £10mill each (Only a bit more than Elmander!), just look at all of Liverpools latest English transfers, even Zaha wouldn't be let go for less than £5mill last season, now hes probably closer to 10-15 mill, for a relatively unproven youngster, madness. The only chance they have of homegrown talent is through the youth system, and they have 3 players in the England squad through it, same as United (Until Phil Jones is back).

Not spending in January would be a really stupid move, but I think he will.

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Tue 4 Dec - 21:46; edited 4 times in total

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster will be happy! City lost 1-0 and Arsenal lost 2-1!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That second Olympiakos goal was a bloody beauty!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

City don't even qualify for the Europa League!!! All that money and not a pot to piss in!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum