Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weather

+10
gloswhite
Michael Bolton
Mr Magoo
summercummings
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Lyric Todkill
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Weather Empty Weather Thu Jan 10 2013, 19:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's grit Britain: Brace yourself for a three week battering of snow, ice and subzero temperatures

Britain has been put on severe weather alert as forecasters warn of a freakishly cold spell sweeping in from Russia.

The big freeze is set to last about three weeks, with up to four inches of snow expected in the next seven days.

Forecasters say overnight temperatures could plunge to minus 14C (7F) in some areas over the weekend.

Virtually all regions will be hit, with frost, ice, sleet and freezing fog threatening travel chaos and misery for millions – especially the elderly.

Snow is predicted for the South and North East on Saturday night, with most places getting a blanketing through next week.

Met Office forecaster Helen Chivers said yesterday: “The cold weather will really start to set in over the weekend, bringing sleet and snow.

"Sunday night could fall to minus 6C in the countryside, with Monday down to -7C, and lying snow, clear skies and a lack of wind could make it even colder.”

Biggest snowfalls next week, up to four inches in places, are expected in the hilly areas of North Yorkshire, Wales and the South West – where overnight temperatures could plunge by 21C compared to Monday night’s low of 6.6C in Westonbirt, Gloucester.

Weather Channel forecaster Leon Brown said: “Temperatures will be very low compared to the month so far, hardly above 0C for many by day from Sunday and through much of next week.

“Overnight on Tuesday we could see minus 12C to minus 14C in the South West, where there is snow on the ground.”

Welfare organisations warned last night that a prolonged cold spell could have dire consequences for the most vulnerable.

They fear it could lead to an extra 30,000 deaths this winter as millions are afraid to keep the heating on in poorly insulated homes because of rising fuel costs.

Most at risk will be 11 million elderly people, with almost two million living below the poverty line, according to Age UK.

Full article on the folowing Link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-snow-ice-and-subzero-1527009

BTW - I Hate snow!

2Weather Empty Re: Weather Thu Jan 10 2013, 19:07

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:It's grit Britain: Brace yourself for a three week battering of snow, ice and subzero temperatures

Britain has been put on severe weather alert as forecasters warn of a freakishly cold spell sweeping in from Russia.

The big freeze is set to last about three weeks, with up to four inches of snow expected in the next seven days.

Forecasters say overnight temperatures could plunge to minus 14C (7F) in some areas over the weekend.

Virtually all regions will be hit, with frost, ice, sleet and freezing fog threatening travel chaos and misery for millions – especially the elderly.

Snow is predicted for the South and North East on Saturday night, with most places getting a blanketing through next week.

Met Office forecaster Helen Chivers said yesterday: “The cold weather will really start to set in over the weekend, bringing sleet and snow.

"Sunday night could fall to minus 6C in the countryside, with Monday down to -7C, and lying snow, clear skies and a lack of wind could make it even colder.”

Biggest snowfalls next week, up to four inches in places, are expected in the hilly areas of North Yorkshire, Wales and the South West – where overnight temperatures could plunge by 21C compared to Monday night’s low of 6.6C in Westonbirt, Gloucester.

Weather Channel forecaster Leon Brown said: “Temperatures will be very low compared to the month so far, hardly above 0C for many by day from Sunday and through much of next week.

“Overnight on Tuesday we could see minus 12C to minus 14C in the South West, where there is snow on the ground.”

Welfare organisations warned last night that a prolonged cold spell could have dire consequences for the most vulnerable.

They fear it could lead to an extra 30,000 deaths this winter as millions are afraid to keep the heating on in poorly insulated homes because of rising fuel costs.

Most at risk will be 11 million elderly people, with almost two million living below the poverty line, according to Age UK.

Full article on the folowing Link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-snow-ice-and-subzero-1527009

BTW - I Hate snow!

Will this make it the worst winter in 100 years?

3Weather Empty Re: Weather Thu Jan 10 2013, 19:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ya'll soft MUDDA you know whats.

Snows up here all the time and we get on wi eet.

I bet if it there's 2cm of snow in london they'll shut the city down and everyone will rush to homeless shelters for hot soup and crusty rolls.

4Weather Empty Re: Weather Thu Jan 10 2013, 19:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The last newspaper article stated it'd be the coldest within a few weeks (http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t2723-coldest-winter-in-100-years?highlight=100+years) - I suppose this is a few weeks after that and therefore still could be...

5Weather Empty Re: Weather Thu Jan 10 2013, 19:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate people who go on about the cold weather like it's a major surprise. That bint on Northwest Tonight (Diane summat) was almost wetting her knickers at the thought of a bit of frost for a few days.

The long term forecast suggests no snow in Preston.

6Weather Empty Re: Weather Fri Jan 11 2013, 12:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

When the media break stories like this and say ''britain is braced for a battering'', it normally means only london will get it and will only be about 1cm of snow which will apparantly ''cause havoc with the underground!!''.

7Weather Empty Re: Weather Fri Jan 11 2013, 12:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit pissed about this though. My garden seems to think it's spring and everything is blooming and budding. It wouldn't be so bad if my missus actually did any gardening, but whilst she likes the idea of buying plants, it's left to me to do the digging and weeding when I can be assed. Soon it will all die - again. 2 years ago it got to -17 and I lost about two grand's worth of plants including my palm tree which had survived all the winters for >10years. I loved that palm - helped enhance the Mediterranean courtyard vibe which was perfect for summer barbies and general excessive alcoholism.

Please send donations of any bubble wrap you can spare to deepest Norfolk.

8Weather Empty Re: Weather Fri Jan 11 2013, 13:39

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I've looked at the two week forecast for my area and there's no mention of snow. It might get a bit nippy if you're planning spending the night in your back garden. Other than that, more media bollocks.

9Weather Empty Re: Weather Fri Jan 11 2013, 16:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

Check this out and click through the days...Sun & Monday will be interesting

10Weather Empty Re: Weather Fri Jan 11 2013, 19:17

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I aint worried, 20 bags of coal, 2 tonne of log's, 21 radiators, and a fucking good boiler.
And i don't have to go to work, bring it on. Very Happy

11Weather Empty Re: Weather Fri Jan 11 2013, 19:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Light snow Monday morning MAYBE. I think I'll survive.

12Weather Empty Re: Weather Fri Jan 11 2013, 19:58

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Light snow Monday morning MAYBE. I think I'll survive.

hope so

13Weather Empty Re: Weather Sun Jan 13 2013, 18:55

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyone had any snow yet?

14Weather Empty Re: Weather Sun Jan 13 2013, 19:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its all a sack of shit. What happened to the British Bulldog spirit. In the winter 'millions' die, always the elderley, and in the summer 'millions' of children suffer from the sun unless you wrap them in towels and 3 gallons of sun lotion. Its all bollocks. No doubt the schools will close at the fall of the first flake, and snow plans will be put in force. When I go to Germany, they are all set up and everythng is fine. Over here its a shambles because some twat tried to save £20 by not ordering the right tonnage of road salt. Until we change our mindset, we will remain the winter idiot of Europe. Strange how we will go and fight anyone, anywhere, but we can't cope with a bit of bad weather.

15Weather Empty Re: Weather Sun Jan 13 2013, 19:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Its all a sack of shit. What happened to the British Bulldog spirit. In the winter 'millions' die, always the elderley, and in the summer 'millions' of children suffer from the sun unless you wrap them in towels and 3 gallons of sun lotion. Its all bollocks. No doubt the schools will close at the fall of the first flake, and snow plans will be put in force. When I go to Germany, they are all set up and everythng is fine. Over here its a shambles because some twat tried to save £20 by not ordering the right tonnage of road salt. Until we change our mindset, we will remain the winter idiot of Europe. Strange how we will go and fight anyone, anywhere, but we can't cope with a bit of bad weather.

Brilliant! And bang on point as well!

16Weather Empty Re: Weather Sun Jan 13 2013, 20:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Anyone had any snow yet?

Some drifted past my window this afternoon. I have little to worry about in the penthouse suite. I have enough Vimto and Twirls to keep me going until Summer.

17Weather Empty Re: Weather Sun Jan 13 2013, 20:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The gritters have been out in force this evening. We have had some fine snow but the ground is too wet and it isn't sticking.

18Weather Empty Re: Weather Sun Jan 13 2013, 21:24

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Anyone had any snow yet?

Some drifted past my window this afternoon. I have little to worry about in the penthouse suite. I have enough Vimto and Twirls to keep me going until Summer.

Ha - my dad is from Lancashire and he loves Vimto. People from Lancashire seem obsessed by the stuff!

19Weather Empty Re: Weather Mon Jan 14 2013, 12:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well that was a bit of let down, where was the chaos on the roads? The 2 foot of snow that will bring us to a standstill? It barely even stuck to the pavements.

20Weather Empty Re: Weather Mon Jan 14 2013, 13:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a bloody joke. The ground is wet and is above freezing so any snow is likely to melt. We seem to have been lucky in the north west.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum