Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace

+8
Hipster_Nebula
chipbutty
rammywhite
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 13:27

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I obviously want us to win every game. It doesn't happen though. Especially when you're as shit as we currently are. A point away from home, against a team who are doing a lot better than we are, is always a decent result. I don't think we'll make the play-offs this season and it won't be Freedmans fault imo.

22Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 13:27

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:0-0 away from home is never a bad result. Some people like to moan though.

When you start the day 10 points off the play-offs and end it 12 points away that is a bad day in my book.

you said you'd rather be 13 points off if we had 'gone for it'.

23Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 13:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think we'll make the play-offs, but it doesn't mean I'd give up if I was manager.

6 wins on the bounce and things would look very different.

We'd just won at Sunderland, but Dougie went straight back to the usual failures. And you're happy?

I never thought I'd see a Bolton team settle. Shameful.

24Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 13:44

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yesterdays result was not shameful. You're a dickhead if you think it was. Did you go?

25Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 13:47

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Yesterdays result was not shameful. You're a dickhead if you think it was. Did you go?

No, but she still managed to boo a performance she didn't see.

26Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 13:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Yesterdays result was not shameful. You're a dickhead if you think it was. Did you go?

I don't do away games anymore. Waste of cash.

27Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 13:55

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have cash to waste.

28Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 14:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I think it was a good point primarily because that's what we played for. Sure there was a bit of hopeful window dressing at the end when he threw on 2 strikers for 10 minutes, but it looked for all the world as though DF went to get a point and got it so no wonder he's pleased.

I agree with DF that we need a solid foundation - Gawd knows how we've missed having one for the past couple of years! - and it's refreshing to see that he's intent on bolstering the defence. Whilst we're in transition we are having to pay the price that OC was unwilling to pay i.e. sacrificing attacking options in order to shore up the back.

Hopefully, when the back four is finally sorted DF will readjust the midfield a bit to rectify this problem but for now we'll just have to put up with it. Frankly I prefer a scoreless away draw against a good attacking team than the shafting we would have got 4 months ago.

Talk of the playoffs is very premature and as we're 13 points and a game behind I'm not even contemplating it for now. I just want to see some more progress at the back, hopefully a signing or two, Holden returning to form and maybe then we'll have something to build on.

29Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:24

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It may very well be a good result to gt a draw away at Palace. But before the game would you have agreed with Dougie's team sheet?

I want to know why he thought that was the correct way to go, ie dropping the players who made a success of the Sunderland game in favour of the players who have struggled in most recent games. Why did he decide that was the way to go?

(Don't get back to me with 0-0 was a good result and all that bull. I don't want your reply in hindsight, I want to know what you thought before the match)

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

30Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:29

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:You bellends are missing the point.

If this was the start of the season I would accept that a 0-0 at Palace is a good result. But it's over halfway through and we're 12 points off the play-offs. This is not a time to be playing for 0-0 draws, especially after a pitiful 1-1 home draw with Millwall.

We gave our play-off rivals Watford two points yesterday. Next you'll be telling me it isn't vital we win at Watford in a fortnight.

We don't have play off rivals, as we are not play off contenders.

31Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a site of negative fannys. Teams have come from further behind to sneak in the play-offs.

32Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:34

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:What a site of negative fannys. Teams have come from further behind to sneak in the play-offs.

Of course they have

We won't

33Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie Freedman Reaction - Palace Sun Jan 20 2013, 20:44

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Biggie wrote:It may very well be a good result to gt a draw away at Palace. But before the game would you have agreed with Dougie's team sheet?

I want to know why he thought that was the correct way to go, ie dropping the players who made a success of the Sunderland game in favour of the players who have struggled in most recent games. Why did he decide that was the way to go?

(Don't get back to me with 0-0 was a good result and all that bull. I don't want your reply in hindsight, I want to know what you thought before the match)

I wondered why Sordell wasn't in the team after his two goals against Sunderland. Freedman has explained that. I wasn't surprised by the rest to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum