Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SKD future manager of bwfc?

+7
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
Lyric Todkill
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty SKD future manager of bwfc? Tue Jan 22 2013, 19:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like big kev wants to stay in football when he retires from playing.

Emma Davies tweet - Got the news and it was good. SKD had his final assessment today and has passed his UEFA B Licence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not entirely sure he would be cut out to be a manager, I think he'd be similar to coyle, much too polite, maybe not as useless!

He'd be a great coach though, he should just retire now and focus on teaching eaves everything he knows. We'd do well to find another Kevin Davies.

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Jan 23 2013, 00:29; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Original source credited with the story.)

2SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Tue Jan 22 2013, 19:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doesn't strike me as a manager, but you never know.

quiet on and off the pitch.

3SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Tue Jan 22 2013, 19:06

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

long ball

4SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Tue Jan 22 2013, 20:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes it beggars belief!

5SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Tue Jan 22 2013, 23:28

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think he would make a great manager.

He has somthing that is rare in football these days...

he gives a fuck.

6SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Tue Jan 22 2013, 23:33

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I think he would make a great manager.

He has somthing that is rare in football these days...

he gives a fuck.

Coyle gave a fuck..

7SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Wed Jan 23 2013, 00:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No way to tell ..... no relationship between being a good/bad player and being a good manager. Seems too quiet to me. But that by itself does not mean much.

8SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Wed Jan 23 2013, 12:12

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I reckon he would make a good coach, strikes me as a gary speed type coach.

Whether he would make a good manager only time will.

9SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Wed Jan 23 2013, 12:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He strikes me as the down to earth sort that might be a breath of fresh to the industry.

I often wish we had a manager that thinks like the average Joe down the pub as opposed to the sort that's done that much studying into technology and science, they lose a sense of reality.

10SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Wed Jan 23 2013, 12:55

doffcocker wrote:He strikes me as the down to earth sort that might be a breath of fresh to the industry.

I often wish we had a manager that thinks like the average Joe down the pub as opposed to the sort that's done that much studying into technology and science, they lose a sense of reality.

Sports science was one of the key reasons for our success under Allardyce, we were cutting edge when he was in charge.

Granted he employed a small army of backroom staff which cost a lot, but I'd much prefer this to the opposite- Owen Coyle.

11SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Wed Jan 23 2013, 17:56

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Instead of Ping Pong, the training sessions would be on the golf course. SKD out!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Thu Jan 24 2013, 19:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fat Sam made it as a manager despite being a crap player and practically no top tier experience compared to SKD.

13SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Thu Jan 24 2013, 19:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mourinho, Sven and Arsene never played football at the top level but made it as managers.

14SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Thu Jan 24 2013, 20:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Somewhat off topic, but I recently got my hands on Fifa 13 for the PC. Naturally, I'm playing as Bolton - but apart from the fact that Sordell is scoring regularly when paired with Ngog, the game insists that this will be Super Kev's last season as a player. He is listed as 'considering retirement' which generally means that he's outta there. Does EA know something we don't?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15SKD future manager of bwfc? Empty Re: SKD future manager of bwfc? Fri Jan 25 2013, 01:45

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:Mourinho, Sven and Arsene never played football at the top level but made it as managers.

Those blokes had a bit more budget than us. Try working with nowt and put a decent team together. Martinez & Rodgers did it.

Off topic a little...but note how Rodgers canned Andy Carrol pronto .... takes some nerve ..... I'm still waiting for a Bolton manager to give SKD less than 94 miutes twice a week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum