Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Are We Scared To Spend?

+9
Keegan
Lofty_Love
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
MartinBWFC
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 16:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want to spend more. Football clubs don't go bust. They enter administration, pay a penny in the pound to their creditors, then carry on as normal.

I actually think we'd be better off as a club if we went out and spent £30m on new players. We'd either get promoted and cash in on the new Sky money, or go into administration, lose 10 points, clear the majority of the debt and things would still be no worse than they are now.

Leeds were in massive debt and they're doing ok now.

We should just go for it. Life is short.

2Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 16:32

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Im tempted to agree.

however, i do worry about whether or not we would be the club that actually got 'wound up'

Knowing our luck - we wouldn't get away with it like other clubs have.

3Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 16:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't understand why anyone would be against it, the chances of us going bust are tiny.

It's not our money, why do we care?

The worst that could happen is we're in League 1 and just £1m in debt. Tell me that isn't a hundred times better than where we are now.

4Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 16:48

I hope bwfc take your advice natasha, i'd laugh my manboobs off if you went bust.

5Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 16:51

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:I hope bwfc take your advice natasha, i'd laugh my manboobs off if you went bust.
More chance of it happening to your tin pot outfit than it is to us.

6Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:03

Fuck off Natasha

7Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People seem scared to just go for it. What have we got to lose? Can anything be worse than the current state of the club on and off the pitch?

8Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

KENNSTER97 wrote:Fuck off Natasha
I trust the mods will step in.

9Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think this site has any mods.

10Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:15

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It would mean Eddie Davies would lose all the money he's owed if we went bust. Wouldn't it?

11Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I assume you mean scared to spend... money we dont have. I.E take out more and more loans.

we've spent a hell of a lot so you can't mean that.

12Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:It would mean Eddie Davies would lose all the money he's owed if we went bust. Wouldn't it?

Yes. Does that bother you?

13Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:17

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not really. I think it might bother Eddie though. It could be a reason he doesn't want to risk going bust by spending money we don't really have though.

14Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Not really. I think it might bother Eddie though. It could be a reason he doesn't want to risk going bust by spending money we don't really have though.

You can't take it with you, he should have a gamble.

15Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:18

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:It would mean Eddie Davies would lose all the money he's owed if we went bust. Wouldn't it?

Yes. Does that bother you?
Heres an idea, why not use all of your millions earned through Whittam enterprises, to give Eddie a hand.

16Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 17:22

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's had a gamble and is now owed over £100 million. He probably wants some money back first before he has another gamble.

17Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 18:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:He's had a gamble and is now owed over £100 million. He probably wants some money back first before he has another gamble.

He's written that £100m off, he knows he ain't getting it back.

Best to take another £30m and see if he can improve on his last poor effort. Surely the guy has some pride?

18Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 19:21

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Go for bust and go broke! The wise words of a self confessed top business woman, said from the comfort of a dream!!

19Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 19:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Go for bust and go broke! The wise words of a self confessed top business woman, said from the comfort of a dream!!

As I've said, it's not my money so I'm prepared to risk it.

20Why Are We Scared To Spend? Empty Re: Why Are We Scared To Spend? Tue Jan 29 2013, 19:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol what a complete load of old tosh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum