Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last day of the Transfer Window 10 years ago!

+4
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Michael Ricketts has joined Middlesbrough for £3.5m plus a percentage of profits.

The former Bolton striker finalised the deal at 2330 GMT on Friday just half an hour before the close of the transfer window.

Boro boss Steve McClaren fought off competition from Premiership rivals Tottenham in the race to sign Bolton's leading scorer in the process.

A statement on Bolton's website said: "Michael Ricketts has ended his association with Bolton Wanderers by signing for Premiership rivals Middlesbrough.
"The Wanderers top scorer... put pen to paper with the Riverside club at 2330 this evening."

Ricketts, who has one England cap to date, handed in a transfer request at the Reebok Stadium over a week ago and looked set for a switch to White Hart Lane.
Spurs' offer of a part player-exchange was rejected by Bolton and Middlesbrough then became favourites to sign the player.

Boro looked to have run out of time to conclude the deal on Friday despite stating on their website at 1530 GMT that a fee had been agreed for the player.
Just hours before the close of the transfer window, Bolton insisted no official offer had been made for the player.
But Wanderers bosses finally got an acceptable bid before the transfer window closed.

Bolton, meanwhile, have made a quartet of signings to soften the blow, with strikers Salva Ballesta and Pierre-Yves Andre as well as defenders Florent Laville and Ndiwa Lord-Kangana.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We mugged them.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ricketts was the best finisher we ever had. Brilliant. That goal at Leicester on our return to the PL is still one of my favourite goals.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bolton, meanwhile, have made a quartet of signings to soften the blow, with strikers Salva Ballesta and Pierre-Yves Andre as well as defenders Florent Laville and Ndiwa Lord-Kangana.
-----------------
Christ, and some say Big sam only made good signings.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:Bolton, meanwhile, have made a quartet of signings to soften the blow, with strikers Salva Ballesta and Pierre-Yves Andre as well as defenders Florent Laville and Ndiwa Lord-Kangana.
-----------------

2 strikers who never scored, a defender whose career was cut short by injury and I don't even remember the fourth fella.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Bolton, meanwhile, have made a quartet of signings to soften the blow, with strikers Salva Ballesta and Pierre-Yves Andre as well as defenders Florent Laville and Ndiwa Lord-Kangana.
-----------------

2 strikers who never scored, a defender whose career was cut short by injury and I don't even remember the fourth fella.

Ballesta went on to be the leading scorer in the Spanish league!

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He's now 28 and has not played for a club since leaving AFC Liverpool in 2009.

Ouch!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Florent laville was fantastic, such a shame he got that injury

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Florent laville was fantastic, such a shame he got that injury

Agreed. Remember his debut against Man Utd? Brilliant.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ricketts was the best finisher we ever had. Brilliant. That goal at Leicester on our return to the PL is still one of my favourite goals.

He got ideas above his station. He wasn't in the same league as Worthy, SuperJohn, Anelka or Eidur.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Ricketts was the best finisher we ever had. Brilliant. That goal at Leicester on our return to the PL is still one of my favourite goals.

He got ideas above his station. He wasn't in the same league as Worthy, SuperJohn, Anelka or Eidur.

I disagree. I can't speak about Worthington as I never saw him, but he was a better finisher than McGinlay, Anelka & Eidur - although they were better all round players.

For about 18 months he couldn't miss.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He was a super fat bastard

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree with Nat here, for 18 months he is was unreal for us, he was dsngerous. Anyone else wonder how his career would have been if he stayed with us under big Sam? I wonder if he regrets how he was with us and regrets ever leaving bolton?

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ricketts had stop scoring long before his move to Boro. It was basically as soon as he got his England call up. So Big Sam or not, he would probably have remained out of form (which is what happens when you spend all your free time eating pies!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum