Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Klasnic.

+9
Natasha Whittam
Sgt. Bash
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
Jamster26
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Klasnic. Empty Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 20:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I liked him as a striker , he didn't do much else but get goals.

His radio to shots to goals was really good, natural IMO , why the fuck did we get rid, he was my favourable Bolton player, when they got rid .

I was the one singing his name, when we needed a goal.

2 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm presuming his wages were too high for a Championship club

3 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:01

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He wanted to leave didn't he? A great finisher though, probably the best we have ever had. A shame there was always question marks over his fitness.

4 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:01

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He was on big wages and couldn't play 90 minutes.

5 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:16

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How the f**k can a professional footballer not be able to play 90 minutes!! It beggars belief when they monitor everything possible and then some more and presumably have to train where they are under scrutiny of managers and coaches etc.

On the other hand he could just be a lazy wanker, but why do clubs put up with it, if you can't last 90 mins no f***ing wages.

6 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:23

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It really boggersbelief Wink

7 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:29

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:It really boggersbelief Wink

My bad, "it Boggersbelief", of course. Embarassed

8 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's difficult to play an effective attacking game when your attack is fronted by somebody that slow and immobile.

Klasnic was good at taking chances but largely to blame for chances being so abundant, not to mention how costly this along with his general laziness proved from a defensive point of view.

It used to make me laugh how he was like Usain Bolton warming up on the touchline, then barely moved an inch on the pitch.

It also made me laugh how he pretended he wanted to sign a permanent deal at the club all along after nobody on the continent was mad enough to accept his ludicrous wage demands.

Good riddance.

9 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:50

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

NickFazer wrote:How the f**k can a professional footballer not be able to play 90 minutes!! It beggars belief when they monitor everything possible and then some more and presumably have to train where they are under scrutiny of managers and coaches etc.

On the other hand he could just be a lazy wanker, but why do clubs put up with it, if you can't last 90 mins no f***ing wages.

Maybe 2 kidney transplants had something to do with it.

10 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with what you say, but what i liked or even loved about Klasnic was his goal getting, he was one of the best finishers in Europe , if a ball dropped in the six / eighteen yard box , he could smash it in with his back behind goal.

He had a goal scoring quality, his left peg was fucking better than super johns right.

11 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Fri Feb 22 2013, 23:15

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
NickFazer wrote:How the f**k can a professional footballer not be able to play 90 minutes!! It beggars belief when they monitor everything possible and then some more and presumably have to train where they are under scrutiny of managers and coaches etc.

Maybe 2 kidney transplants had something to do with it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't know about the wage situation, but he was a finisher and I think we'd be higher in the table had we managed to keep hold of him.

12 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Sat Feb 23 2013, 08:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We dodged a bullet with Klasnic, he signed for Mainz in September and has only made two substitute appearances. I pressume he's been injured. Or just shite.

13 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Sat Feb 23 2013, 11:16

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I mentioned Klasnic having had 2 kidney transplants on a different site a while back.

Amazing how many people had no idea about it.

14 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Sat Feb 23 2013, 11:53

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I liked him and would have him back tomorrow.

Could always be counted on when we needed a goal, strikers like that are what this club misses.

15 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Sat Feb 23 2013, 12:55

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I mentioned Klasnic having had 2 kidney transplants on a different site a while back.

Amazing how many people had no idea about it.

It came as a surprise to me tbh.

16 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Sat Feb 23 2013, 14:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't give a damn how many limbs, organs or whatever are changed , removed, or even sold. If you are selling yourself as a fit professional player, and don't produce, then move on. I liked Klasnic, but to my mind he was the laziest player I'v ever had the misfortune to watch. Agreed he was a good finisher, but with a player like SKD feeding you (thats all he ever did), you are bound to have a reasonable goal to gam ratio. How many times did we see him come on as an 'impact' sub, only to disappeear. He did that more often than come on and score.

17 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Sat Feb 23 2013, 14:46

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That was his job - to come on and score when we needed a goal, lazy or not, he did deliver most of the time.

18 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Sun Feb 24 2013, 20:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Klasnic played for a team like United with quality midfielders and attacking defenders pinging crosses in, he would be in double figures every season. As a pure natural born predator in front of goal he has few equals who have worn the Wanderers top. I always rated him highly but he had his detractors because of his lack of so called ' work-rate'.

Just imagine him having Elmanders work-rate! He would be the total package and would make Van persie look like Andy Carroll.

19 Klasnic. Empty Re: Klasnic. Sun Feb 24 2013, 21:24

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yeah many people didn't know about his health troubles, thats the reason behind him been lazy I reckon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum