Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ipswich Town v Bolton

+26
doffcocker
observer
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
Jamster26
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
Swintonwhite89
Culcheth_White
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
WhiteBic
gloswhite
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Triumph
scottjames30
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

61Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 17:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we need to cut our losses with Sordell, his attitude stinks and he isn't very good anyway.

I've lost patience with him

62Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 18:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

74, fair comment, I didn't see the game either, but there again, we all knew that putting SKD on wasn't going to help. If he was that influential, he would have been on from the beginning, (we know DF puts him on at the drop of a hat). For me, whenever SKD comes on, its to dumb downa the game. The way our front runners are performing, I'd almost be tempted to call back Eaves. I'd settled for a building season some while ago, so this defeat doesn't upset me unduly.

63Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 18:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derby beating leiecester 2-0. Good for us, keeps Leicester in the mix

64Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 18:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking at the games ahead, we can still do it.

If we got a point today, its still only a point.

If we win our next game, we will be odds on for the play-offs.

We will do it.

65Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 18:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie is one of many many managers who like to "keep it tight" away from home, but notice how people only ever bring up Megson.

66Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 18:22

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hard to win with only two shots on their goal. We must do better and DF must look at this game and learn. Poor effort.

67Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 18:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Looking at the games ahead, we can still do it.

If we got a point today, its still only a point.

If we win our next game, we will be odds on for the play-offs.

We will do it.

Next 4 games:
Charlton (a)
Wolves (h)
Huddersfield (h)
Bristol city (a)

Minimum of 10 points is a must as our next game would be Leicester away, beat them and we'll probably overtake them.

68Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 18:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, ten points, beat Leicester and we would be almost there.

Charlton will be tough, but we can do it.

69Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 18:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Charlton are piss poor at home. But we are piss poor away.

70Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 19:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Shame we couldn't get a point today, from what I could tell on the radio neither side really had the right to win it. We still have a chance at the play offs as I don't think this Notts Forest run can last much longer, we can still do it.

Having said that our 4 strikers just aren't good enough IMO, you can have a go at SKD all night long but the fact is all of them are as bad as each other, even CDavies who looks a decent impact sub but he just seems to use himself as a battering ram.

Brighton have a huge game tomorrow against Palace, if Holloways men could nick a win their it would do us a great favor.

71Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 20:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think you can make direct comparisons between KD and the other options. Every striker I've seen in this league at least has moderate speed and mobility. Not Davies. He doesn't even look like a footballer, never mind a centre forward. There's a big difference between him at his worst and the others at their worst.

I don't think anybody would blame him for the result, but that Dougie thinks he should be near the team worries me about his judgement.

72Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sat Mar 16 2013, 22:28

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

doffcocker wrote:I don't think you can make direct comparisons between KD and the other options. Every striker I've seen in this league at least has moderate speed and mobility. Not Davies. He doesn't even look like a footballer, never mind a centre forward. There's a big difference between him at his worst and the others at their worst.

I don't think anybody would blame him for the result, but that Dougie thinks he should be near the team worries me about his judgement.
Agreed ..... as it became apparent that the game was not ours Doogie should have probably brought on Holden, Kamara, to refresh things.....Sordell if a change was needed up front. SKD to grab a late goal......more chance of Aliens landing in Gartside's back yard. Rolling Eyes
Overall this chopping and changing is getting tired.....there is a point were players need to play together consistantly.

73Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 00:03

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What a surprise the shithouses are slagging Kevin Davies off again.

It was a close game today which we could've won. Saying that though Ipswich could've easily been 2-0 up at half time. Alonso struggled at times and Knight did a couple really dodgy things. Sam Ricketts needs to stop backing off and backing off all the time too. Spearing did alright in midfield and Eagles had a decent game. Ngog and Craig Davies didn't offer much upfront but worked hard. They didn't have much service to be fair to them though. Not the best performance but we aren't going to win every game.

74Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 06:44

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bernard what's your postcode buddy? I have an Easter card for you.

75Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty NOT DEAD YET Sun Mar 17 2013, 08:49

frankboy

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Charlton (a)
Wolves (h)
Huddersfield (h)

if we get 9 points from these 3 games we will be in the top 6...not impossible

76Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 12:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some good points made already.
A poor performance did for us yesterday. First half Ipswich had the better of it and had two very clear chances. Ipswich fans I spoke to on the way back felt they should have gone it at half time at least a goal up and it was difficult to disagree. On the few occasions we did anything going forward we either pumped in crosses that their CBs dealt with no problem, or made poor final passes. Ironically, SKD might have had more joy out of that service but I think this game would have suited Sordell most. Cavies seemed to be watching his marker rather than the ball whenever it was played to him and they had him in their pocket.
Second half we were hoping for more from the lads and we got it - loads of midfield possession but no end product. It was clear Cavies needed to come off but at that stage, SKD was the wrong sub IMO as we were now pushing them back and we needed quick feet, decent balls on the ground and early strikes. Striker -wise I think Dougie played them in the wrong order if that makes sense.
Spearing ran the show - by far our best midfielder. Alonso was good by and large and Lee did a lot of running with the ball without producing a great deal.
Came away from the match thinking:
To beat any team in this league we need to play at the top of our game every time
We are not clinical enough in front of goal
One lapse of concentration at the back and we'll get punished (Knight nearly gave one away and the goal came from failing to pick up players)
Ipswich weren't great and we were mugged - but it can and will happen if we don't play better than that.

77Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 13:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The manager cost us this game with his ego, it really is that simple.

Brighton winning today makes no difference, we have no chance of reaching the play-offs with Dougie in charge.

78Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 13:31

Natasha Whittam wrote:The manager cost us this game with his ego, it really is that simple.

Brighton winning today makes no difference, we have no chance of reaching the play-offs with Dougie in charge.

Ego? How?

If it wasn't for Dougie we'd be languishing in the bottom half and you'd still be saying he would take us down, at least your negativity has been upgraded to failed promotion I suppose.

79Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 13:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:The manager cost us this game with his ego, it really is that simple.

Laughing

You really are having to get creative now.

80Ipswich Town v Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich Town v Bolton Sun Mar 17 2013, 13:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

If it wasn't for Dougie we'd be languishing in the bottom half and you'd still be saying he would take us down, at least your negativity has been upgraded to failed promotion I suppose.

We got to where we were with an improvement in the defence, mainly down to the signing of Dawson.

We've been pretty lucky in the recent good run, only in the Hull game did we actually play well.

Freedman's ego prevents him from giving Sordell a fair crack despite him still being the most likely to score goals in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum