Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wednesday want Davies before Thursday!

+24
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
terenceanne
Keegan
JonnyRandom
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
Lofty_Love
xmiles
Dinae Moe Humm
Leeds_Trotter
Sgt. Bash
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
Tigermin
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She deleted it? I can't see it anyway, though she is tweeting some retweets of the news.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I still cant believe davies played for england. I remember that night. Was so happy. Gettin a yellow card within minutes. Brilliant

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:She deleted it? I can't see it anyway, though she is tweeting some retweets of the news.
Is she responding to tweets than originated from her own original tweet or is there another source?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What doesn't quite seem to ring true about this proposed move is the Dave Jones bit. True SKD was managed by him at Southampton, but as I remember it he was treated like shit by Jones. He was dropped most of the time, then put out on loan to Millwall and generally went downhill rapidly. Given that he'd previously been a £7.5 million player (OK that was Rovers when they were buying the league) you'd think Jones would have managed him better to get the most out of him. A Southampton fan I used to play 5 a side with told me SKD had been seen in the city centre stuffing pizza and beer down his neck and had become a proper fat barsteward - he was delighted when we signed SKD. We turned SKDs career around.
Surprising then that his relationship with Jones is viewed as a positive in this proposed deal.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:What doesn't quite seem to ring true about this proposed move is the Dave Jones bit. True SKD was managed by him at Southampton, but as I remember it he was treated like shit by Jones. He was dropped most of the time, then put out on loan to Millwall and generally went downhill rapidly. Given that he'd previously been a £7.5 million player (OK that was Rovers when they were buying the league) you'd think Jones would have managed him better to get the most out of him. A Southampton fan I used to play 5 a side with told me SKD had been seen in the city centre stuffing pizza and beer down his neck and had become a proper fat barsteward - he was delighted when we signed SKD. We turned SKDs career around.
Surprising then that his relationship with Jones is viewed as a positive in this proposed deal.

He didn't get on with Strachan. It was Strachan who loaned him out to Millwall. Not sure about Dave Jones except that it was he who brought him back to the club from Blackburn.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:She deleted it? I can't see it anyway, though she is tweeting some retweets of the news.
Is she responding to tweets than originated from her own original tweet or is there another source?

she's just re-tweeting the original story as far as i can see.

I don't think it was true about the SWFC thing unless she deleted it? Someone may have seen it

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I didn't see the tweet but reading the one posted I read it - not as KD on his way to Wednesday - but KD bigger than Wednesday - hence no truth in the rumour.

Who knows - time will tell.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh i see, my bad, the old greater than.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Oh i see, my bad, the old greater than.

I would think that you would be more likely to be correct Hipster.

I tend to think in the way that I was brought up and educated - many years ago, and so automatically read the sign as 'greater than'.

I would think though that Mrs Davies (and yourself) being much younger and far more familiar with the ways of text and twitter 'speak' would probably use it as the short hand as 'going to'.

As I say though time will tell one way or the other.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I read it as greater than too...

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

SKD is club captain, if we want to reach the play off's we need everybody, management, players and "so called" fans bustin their guts to give us a chance.
SKD may no longer be our first choice striker but none of the other's would run through a brick wall to get BWFC back in the Prem like SKD would.
What kind of message does sending the club captain and one of our most respected players out on loan to Shitty Wednesday?
Theres nothing going on at the Reebok this week and the Bolton News have to fill the back page with something, so someones come up with this fairy story, anybody who thinks it's a good idea should show some respect.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CAMPO wrote:SKD is club captain, if we want to reach the play off's we need everybody, management, players and "so called" fans bustin their guts to give us a chance.
SKD may no longer be our first choice striker but none of the other's would run through a brick wall to get BWFC back in the Prem like SKD would.
What kind of message does sending the club captain and one of our most respected players out on loan to Shitty Wednesday?
Theres nothing going on at the Reebok this week and the Bolton News have to fill the back page with something, so someones come up with this fairy story, anybody who thinks it's a good idea should show some respect.

I don't agree. Davies has been a good player for BWFC but did very little last season and nothing at all this season.

He's on big wages and not producing - we'd be stupid to turn down any offer.

If you believe Davies is suddenly going to score 10 goals to fire us to the play-offs I'd say you need therapy.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CAMPO wrote:SKD is club captain, if we want to reach the play off's we need everybody, management, players and "so called" fans bustin their guts to give us a chance.

:clap:

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good first post.

Welcome Ivan.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Good first post.

Welcome Ivan.

+1

Hello and welcome mate,

Looking forward to your next post already!

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't agree. Davies has been a good player for BWFC but did very little last season and nothing at all this season.

If you believe Davies is suddenly going to score 10 goals to fire us to the play-offs I'd say you need therapy.
When i said "so called fans" you fall into that category, "we'd be stupid to turn down any offer" what's money got to do with it?
The rest of the squad would think the games up if they came in on Monday and SKD's be farmed out to a crap team in Yorkshire

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CAMPO wrote:
When i said "so called fans" you fall into that category, "we'd be stupid to turn down any offer" what's money got to do with it?

Money has everything to do with it. What good does it do BWFC to pay big wages to a player who isn't performing?

If Davies was moved on Dougie would be forced to play football and keep it on the deck.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Naturally I agree with you Nat .....common sense will prevail eventually.
As for a testemonial ...... I should be given one for watching BWFC since before SKD elbowed his first center half at school.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The captaincy is an irrelevance considering he's been in and out (mainly out) of the team for months, but then it's irrelevant regardless as far as I'm concerned. I never understood the idea of Kevin Davies being immovable because he's club captain. You pick your best eleven, then pick your captain. You don't pick a captain, then pick your best ten.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the money front, did I hear that SKD accepted a wage cut to play for us last time he renewed or am I imagining it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum