Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to pack your bags Coventry!

+2
Lyric Todkill
aaron_bwfc
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Time to pack your bags Coventry! Empty Time to pack your bags Coventry! Sat Mar 23 2013, 18:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Things are getting even worse at the Richo Arena - A non-operating subsidiary of the club has been put into administration.

Club staff have been assured their posts are unaffected.

A Sky Blues statement said: "The club has taken the decision to protect its staff by moving them from the stadium."

Coventry City Football Club Limited, which holds the lease for the Ricoh, went into administration on Thursday.

The operating subsidiary, Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited, who employ all the club's staff, hope to find alternative retail premises as well as a permanent base for employees.

Coventry face being deducted 10 points if they are placed into administration, which would end their hopes of reaching the League One play-offs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21912436

Yet another club that is on the verge of going under, do you think it's time UEFA or the FA stepped into to help the likes of Coventry and Pompey?

2Time to pack your bags Coventry! Empty Re: Time to pack your bags Coventry! Sat Mar 23 2013, 19:10

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

aaron_bwfc wrote:Things are getting even worse at the Richo Arena - A non-operating subsidiary of the club has been put into administration.

Club staff have been assured their posts are unaffected.

A Sky Blues statement said: "The club has taken the decision to protect its staff by moving them from the stadium."

Coventry City Football Club Limited, which holds the lease for the Ricoh, went into administration on Thursday.

The operating subsidiary, Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited, who employ all the club's staff, hope to find alternative retail premises as well as a permanent base for employees.

Coventry face being deducted 10 points if they are placed into administration, which would end their hopes of reaching the League One play-offs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21912436

Yet another club that is on the verge of going under, do you think it's time UEFA or the FA stepped into to help the likes of Coventry and Pompey?
Help them?

What do you mean?

It's a free market.

If they want to waste money and go bust, that's their call, don't you think?

3Time to pack your bags Coventry! Empty Re: Time to pack your bags Coventry! Sat Mar 23 2013, 19:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope they go bust. Mark my words, once one big club like Coventry or Portsmouth goes under and is no longer a league club, a lot will follow.

And football will be a lot better for it.

4Time to pack your bags Coventry! Empty Re: Time to pack your bags Coventry! Sat Mar 23 2013, 19:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coventry is the worst town I've ever been to in my life.

but i don't wish to see the club go under, a few mates who support cov that'd be a shame.

5Time to pack your bags Coventry! Empty Re: Time to pack your bags Coventry! Sat Mar 23 2013, 19:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:a few mates who support cov that'd be a shame.

Pipe down Amos.

6Time to pack your bags Coventry! Empty Re: Time to pack your bags Coventry! Sat Mar 23 2013, 19:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:a few mates who support cov that'd be a shame.

Pipe down Amos.

lol!

7Time to pack your bags Coventry! Empty Re: Time to pack your bags Coventry! Sat Mar 23 2013, 21:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Coventry is the worst town I've ever been to in my life.

I am pretty sure Coventry is a city.

8Time to pack your bags Coventry! Empty Re: Time to pack your bags Coventry! Sun Mar 24 2013, 07:46

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I hope they go bust. Mark my words, once one big club like Coventry or Portsmouth goes under and is no longer a league club, a lot will follow.

And football will be a lot better for it.
Nat- you've lost me on this one. How will football be better if a lot of clubs fold. It might be a salutary lesson for much of the rich scum who own football clubs like they own bling- but how will 'football' be any better off. If Coventry cease to exist and are repaced in the league by ,say Nuneaton,- will the game itself be any better?

9Time to pack your bags Coventry! Empty Re: Time to pack your bags Coventry! Sun Mar 24 2013, 08:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Nat- you've lost me on this one. How will football be better if a lot of clubs fold. It might be a salutary lesson for much of the rich scum who own football clubs like they own bling- but how will 'football' be any better off. If Coventry cease to exist and are repaced in the league by ,say Nuneaton,- will the game itself be any better?

In the long run, yes.

Look how things are now. Portsmouth are millions in debt, they had to sell all their players and can't pay the ones they have left. If that was any other business it would cease to exist.

And what of us? We're £130m in debt and no one really bats an eyelid. How the fook has a smallish club like us run up such a big debt? How are we still in business? Of course Eddie Davies keeps us in business but it's a fine line.

I guess my point is that football clubs seem to be immune from going bust. And when you feel that way you will continue to pay silly wages (at all levels) and live well beyond your means.

If clubs actually feared going out of business they wouldn't pay donkeys like Zat Knight £15k per week.

So I hope a load of clubs go bust. It will just take one and the rest will follow.

10Time to pack your bags Coventry! Empty Re: Time to pack your bags Coventry! Sun Mar 24 2013, 09:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's a shame when any football club goes into administration. A large number of clubs are where they are because of wealthy owners and benefactors who keep them afloat.

Portsmouth seem to have been very badly run and it's the fans that suffer because of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum