Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Support The Drug Smugglers!

+8
Reebok Trotter
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 16:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As you may have seen, British woman Lindsay Sandiford was recently sentenced to death in Indonesia for trying to smuggle huge quantities of cocaine out of the country.

She couldn't afford legal fees necessary to mount an appeal so asked the UK government to put up the cash (about £8k to start the ball rolling). The UK government said they didn't support criminals abroad and therefore refused her request.

Some old duffer called Victor Leversha has since set up a "Just Giving" website to raise the necessary £8k from public donations, including a £1800 donation from his own pocket. Since an appearance on local radio he has now raised the required £8k.

Don't you find this disgraceful? People donating cash as though she's dying of cancer or something. Now if she was claiming innocence I could understand it, but she admitted doing it so her guilt is there for all to see.

The thinking seems to be that the money was donated by people against the death penalty. How do you sit with this, would you donate your own cash to save a convicted drug smuggler?

2Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 17:02

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

from another angle - you could use the argument that the government should have paid, innocent until PROVEN guilty by a jury of her peers isn't she?

of course i dont really think we should have - im just 'Whittaming' the thread...

3Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 17:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am glad people are donating, the death sentence for drug smuggling is ridiculous!

I'm all for capital punishment if it is deserved.

4Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 17:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Death for something like that.....

dear me.

5Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 17:06

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't know about this, otherwise I'd of sent afew quid.

Free her!!!!!!

6Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 17:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:from another angle - you could use the argument that the government should have paid, innocent until PROVEN guilty by a jury of her peers isn't she?

Er, she admitted to it. How can she be innocent?

7Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 17:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I am glad people are donating, the death sentence for drug smuggling is ridiculous!

You don't think drugs are the root of much of the crime around the world?

8Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 17:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I am glad people are donating, the death sentence for drug smuggling is ridiculous!

A lot of innocent people are blackmailed into smuggling drugs by gangsters. I think this poor lady is one of them

9Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 17:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

A lot of innocent people are blackmailed into smuggling drugs by gangsters. I think this poor lady is one of them

I agree, she's innocent .

Free the lovely lady.

10Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 17:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nope sorry but the daft bitch knew she what she was doing and if that's the penalty for the crimes in Indonesia then so be it.

She must have known what the penalty was going to be when she was doing it so I have little sympathy.

11Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 17:53

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I read that she thought her family would be harmed if she didn't do it.

Who knows if that's true or she just did it to earn a few quid.

I don't think she deserves to face the firing squad for it though.

Killing her won't stop other people smuggling drugs into their country. Fact.

12Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 18:03

aaron_bwfc wrote:Nope sorry but the daft bitch knew she what she was doing and if that's the penalty for the crimes in Indonesia then so be it.

She must have known what the penalty was going to be when she was doing it so I have little sympathy.

:agree:

13Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 18:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would save these drug smugglers a lot of anguish and heartache if they would just take the time and trouble to check out the penal code for drug smuggling in any country they are planning to visit.

14Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 19:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

She broke the law in a foreign country and as such deserves to be treated like any other local who breaks the law in that country!

Just like any foreigner who breaks the law in this country should be treated the same way as any British citizen who breaks the law here.

Why should she be treated as special etc etc etc just because she is British?

15Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 20:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The death penalty, unless used for killers/serial killers, rapists, peadophiles and any other despicable crime is barbaric.

16Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 20:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If everybody thought "the law is the law, so it's fair enough", we'd still be burning "witches". Drugs are the root of a lot of evil, but then so is alcohol.

If people want to put money towards seeing that an admittedly stupid woman doesn't feel the full force of a backward nation's law, good for them.

17Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Tue Apr 23 2013, 22:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:It would save these drug smugglers a lot of anguish and heartache if they would just take the time and trouble to check out the penal code for drug smuggling in any country they are planning to visit.
That's common sense RT, a property sadly lacking in certain quarters.

18Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Wed Apr 24 2013, 18:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have to laugh when countries who have a stricter penal code than ours, are labelled as 'backward'. Life may be cheaper in some, but religious and legal mores are decided by the residents. Some of them have societies a damned sight older than ours. If you go to their country you should know, and uphold, their way of life, as well as their legal systems. If we take our liberal ways to other countries, and expect them to change for us, its just either ignorance, or arrogance. This woman knew what would happen, yet went ahead anyway. If people want to donate, in order to show their dislike of this particular regime, they would do well to give their money to a charity that tries to fight it legally.

19Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Wed Apr 24 2013, 18:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:If everybody thought "the law is the law, so it's fair enough", we'd still be burning "witches". Drugs are the root of a lot of evil, but then so is alcohol.

If people want to put money towards seeing that an admittedly stupid woman doesn't feel the full force of a backward nation's law, good for them.

I think you are now the official Bolton Nuts clown.

What is backward about getting a drug smuggler off the planet? Backward is giving them a slap on the wrist and giving them a few months inside.

20Support The Drug Smugglers! Empty Re: Support The Drug Smugglers! Wed Apr 24 2013, 19:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Drug smugglers peddle misery in return for a tidy profit. When they are gallivanting around the globe with their evil contraband I doubt they ever give a thought about the future of hundreds of young people whose lives will become ruined by drug addiction.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum