Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Premier League Standards

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Premier League Standards Empty Premier League Standards Thu Feb 16 2012, 13:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The state of the league has become laughable in my opinion, it was summed up perfectly last night when Arsenal got tore a new one by AC Milan.

The rest of europe must have been laughing at English football when Henry came on for Arsenal, a guy who is no where near at his best anymore but has been brought back by a so called top 4 club from a below average American team.

For me the quality of the league has dropped in the last few years, teams are buying average players and teams are not producing world class players from there own academies.

Players like Giggs, Scholes and Henry would be laughed at in La Liga and the german league, yet in the premier league they are still considered world beaters.

2Premier League Standards Empty Re: Premier League Standards Thu Feb 16 2012, 14:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football is shite right now.

I've said a million times, the Bolton team that finished bottom of the Premier League in 1996 (or was it 1995, I forget) would finish top 8 in the current league.

3Premier League Standards Empty Re: Premier League Standards Thu Feb 16 2012, 16:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The real pity is that Giggs, Scholes and Henry are still far better players than are available to most BPL teams.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Premier League Standards Empty Re: Premier League Standards Thu Feb 16 2012, 17:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

All the purchasing power the top 5 or 6 have, has polarised the league very much into the haves and have-nots. Unfortunately the knock-on effect has not only affected the whole of British football, even down to the grass roots, but the fringe 'elite' (which Arsenal curently are). It manifests itself by them not having strength in depth, and having to put players on the park, that aren't quite ready, or even gambling with youngsters they have 'discovered'.
Because they never really had the money and still don't,teams in the Championship and the lower leagues are carrying on as before, and showing the real nature of British football, and thats why when we see them on the box, we wonder if our own team would be able to stand up to them. It'll be interesting to see if my theory pans out this coming weekend, against Millwall.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum