Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marvin Sordell

+10
scottjames30
WhiteBic
doffcocker
rammywhite
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
JakeSnake
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:44

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Funny though how all the lazy bastards score goals.

Klasnic ,Berbatov, RVP.

22Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:55

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

If Sordell starts in 4-5-1 surely he knows after 65mins off doing nothing he's going to get hooked,if he'd been playing well he's entitled to be a bit peeved, but the mard lip is so childish.
Since he's been starting the last few games what has he done of any note?
Anybody know his goals/ minutes played?

23Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CAMPO wrote:
Anybody know his goals/ minutes played?

Probably pretty awful. But there's little doubt results have improved since Sordell replaced Kevin Davies.

24Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:26

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Results have turned since i started taking uncle joe's mint balls instead off everton mints, not since Sordell replaced SKD
Both as relevent

25Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think Klasnic was lazy. If he had played for Utd, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal, then I reckon he would have easily tallied 15 goals per season. Strikers thrive off decent balls and that is something we rarely delivered under Coyle. I think Dougie would have seen Klasnic's potential and made him a Reebok legend.

26Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Sun Apr 28 2013, 22:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Klasnic wasn't just lazy, he was slow and couldn't hold up the ball. A lot of our attacking moves ended as a direct or otherwise result of this and coincided with us being on the back foot. I don't agree with the idea of being "in and around the six yard box the whole game so they can score" for the reason that if you restrict yourself to that area, you're going to become isolated, which Klasnic far too often was.

I don't imagine us worse off had he never been signed.

27Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Tue Apr 30 2013, 12:01

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

With the service we provided at Cardiff....no strikers were likely to score.

28Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Tue Apr 30 2013, 14:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been slightly disappointed that Marvin hasn't developed quicker tbh. He looked really useful in the England Olympic squad, but then we had all that Twitter nonsense and off field shenanigans which messed things up a bit and he does seem to have an ego problem.
I do think he could become a great striker if he puts his mind to it though, and on that basis alone I'd keep him.

29Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Tue Apr 30 2013, 14:39

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I would ship him out in the summer and invest some of the parachute/sky money in a hungry striker who isn't a lazy oaf. I have a feeling he has used all of his lifelines with Dougie and anymore acting up and he is certainly a gonner.

30Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Tue Apr 30 2013, 14:47

I think some fans are overly critical of him because of a perceived arrogance, which is unfair really. Yes he’s acted like an idiot over the twitter thing, but there were plenty of Bolton fans abusing him who are far worse in my eyes, although he should be mature enough to rise above a bit of trolling.

If we were to sell I reckon we’d get about £2.5 million for him (max), his value is the lowest it’s ever been right now. Selling doesn’t make sense from a financial point of view and considering he’s only just getting regular games I think we should give him more of a chance to see what he can do, he definitely has potential and with better players supplying him I think he could get goals for us. Let’s back him and hope he comes good, if he’s still sulking and inconsistent next season we can get rid but at least we’ll have given him a proper go.

31Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Tue Apr 30 2013, 14:59

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Fair point, either way it is a risk.

If we get back in the prem we will need a consistant goal scorer other wise we are coming straight back down. Could Sordell be that man? Possibly, he certainly has talent but I would get rid and get some who has hunger and less of an ego.

32Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Tue Apr 30 2013, 15:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Time to move this guy on, I have supported and defended him since his arrival and was really excited to see him get a few games under his belt.

His laziness and bad attitude remains and I think he needs to grow up, ship him back down south with someone like Charlton so he can start afresh.

I'd take 2 mill.

33Marvin Sordell - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell Tue Apr 30 2013, 15:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We wouldn't get an offer for him that we'd ever look back on with regret at not taking. It could go either way with him. He could turn into a decent top flight player. He could stay where he's at now, which is an average Championship forward. Whatever happens, he's not gonna end up worth materially less than we'd get for him now.

Might as well keep him on - see if he can realise his potential with us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum