Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If OC was still manager.

+14
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
WhiteBic
Jamster26
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
SKDArmy
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 21:06

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think the most telling fact is that he has been unemployed since last October.

His phone hasn't stopped ringing though RT, he's probably waiting for a Barclays Premier League job seeing as he's the best manager he's ever been.

22If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 21:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm grateful to Coyle for his initial impact. I think it's possible to appreciate that he breathed life into the club at a time when many were losing interest, at the same time as thinking tactically he was crap, and was taking the club in the wrong direction once the motivation effect had died. I definitely don't get the idea that Megson was some misunderstood genius who was gonna keep the club in the top-flight year upon year before people's-favourite Coyle pitched up.

Long-term, he's bad news, but only we know the true extent of that. On paper, he's a manager that's done a mixture of great and forgiveable things. It's only a matter of time before he gets a job.

23If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 22:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Coyle is actually a decent bloke but not a decent manager.

24If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 23:03

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have absolutely no doubt we'd be in the
bottom 3 if Coyle was still running things, the clueless fucker.
This...

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think the most telling fact is that he has been unemployed since last October.
...and this.
silent

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

25If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 23:21

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have absolutely no doubt we'd be in the bottom 3 if Coyle was still running things, the clueless fucker.
Are you sure we would finish that high with OC? Not convinced we would be beneath relegation at this point. Have to credit DF for getting the players inspired since then... even if we question his decisions. Fun once again!

26If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Wed May 01 2013, 00:35

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I don't think coyle would get a job selling ice cream from a mr whippy van.

27If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Wed May 01 2013, 10:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously the thread title is an open door for OC haters to state what would have have happened if we'd have continued to play as we had been doing. But as Dougie and many others said, the squad was underperforming and the system needed to be changed. If he'd been retained, OC would have been forced to do something about it eventually, so all we can do is speculate where we would be.

28If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Wed May 01 2013, 10:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: OC would have been forced to do something about it eventually

That was his problem, he was too stubborn to change things.

He was a deluded fuckwit, he only had one way of playing,

He ended up looking weak and pathetic, Gartside should've put him out of his misery at the end of last season.

I think he should go into Pantomime, or story time on Cbeebies.

29If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Wed May 01 2013, 11:17

wanderlust wrote:Obviously the thread title is an open door for OC haters to state what would have have happened if we'd have continued to play as we had been doing. But as Dougie and many others said, the squad was underperforming and the system needed to be changed. If he'd been retained, OC would have been forced to do something about it eventually, so all we can do is speculate where we would be.

He was forced to do something when we went down. His answer was Mills, Andrews, and new contracts for Knight and Davies. No improvements in training and fitness and no change in tactics.

Regrettably (because he does love the club and in that sense was a good fit)it became clear he just didn't have the expertise to solve the many problems we had.

30If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Wed May 01 2013, 16:05

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

wanderlust wrote:... the squad was underperforming and the system needed to be changed. If he'd been retained, OC would have been forced to do something about it eventually, so all we can do is speculate where we would be.

I thought we were speculating Question

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

31If OC was still manager. - Page 2 Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Wed May 01 2013, 18:40

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Coyle had been made to dump his mates and family, he may have retained his job, but as Scott rightly points out, he was a stubborn fuckwit, and refused(allegedly) to get a proper experienced backroom team to replace his goons, who knows how it would have panned out had he not been so stubborn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum