Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going Forward

+5
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
WhiteBic
Keegan
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Going Forward Empty Going Forward Thu May 02 2013, 18:51

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Freedman wrote:It's in games like this when you're looking to the players who have the magic in their boots. We've got a number of them.

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Freedman wrote:We will be signing two players by the end of this month regardless of what division we're in. We have plans in place.
I'm liking the look of our Douglas more and more as time goes by - he's planning for victory (as he needs to, tbh) but he's planning for the future of the club as well. I can easily see him being in charge for the next 5 years unless he does so well that a bigger club snaps him up. Despite the recent success of the club, he's been sourcing players to come in and improve the team. I appreciate that - well done, lad.

* The quotes above are from the official BWFC twitter account.

Last edited by Keegan on Thu May 02 2013, 20:56; edited 1 time in total

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Thu May 02 2013, 18:55

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He has certainly grown on me recently. Long live Dougie Freedman, aslong as we win on saturday, otherwise, Freedman out!

3Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Thu May 02 2013, 18:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He knows what he's doing, he has a plan and can see us in a few years.

Keeping him will be the problem imo.

4Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Thu May 02 2013, 19:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All the things being said about Dougie were being said about Coyle at one time.

5Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Thu May 02 2013, 20:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie is my new hero!

6Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Thu May 02 2013, 22:50

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Dougie has it head screwed on that's for sure, can't blame him planning for the future whatever happens.

He even went abroad a few weeks back on a scouting mission to get these 2 players by all accounts to see them both first hand.

Long live Douglas! Very Happy

7Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Fri May 03 2013, 00:28

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's got through next season no matter what.
Nat is correct ..... OC said the same thing.

8Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Fri May 03 2013, 08:11

terenceanne wrote:He's got through next season no matter what.
Nat is correct ..... OC said the same thing.

I think Nat meant that we were all loving OC when he first started.

She is right but I still don't think this will go the same way as OC did, this guys class. I also think we're better prepared to spot a shit manager now.

9Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Fri May 03 2013, 09:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Until we know what division we're in next year, it's difficult to guess what budget Dougie is working with as I presume that if we manage to get promoted, more money will be made available and targets may change.
I can only assume that the players Dougie is apparently after are either youngsters for the future with development potential to premiership standard or obscure talents (like Medo) that have been passed over by the big boys for some reason or another.
Whilst I like the idea of getting in early for players, it would be rash to invest heavily in key positions until we know what's happening (unless premier league quality players are prepared to play in the Championship for Dougie) What we don't want is big wages in the Championship or Champioship quality players if we get into the Prem.
But so far, I like what he's done and am prepared to have faith in what he's doing.

10Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Fri May 03 2013, 10:24

Regardless of what division we're in there'll be premier league quality players who will come in because to get promoted you need them in your team. The likes of Medo for instance should be able to make the step up, it's just about finding capable players from abroad or lower leagues.

I'd expect Trent Sainsbury to be one of the players he's talking about, not sure about Garvan I haven't seen a lot of him but it's one of those convenient rumours the press could have invented. I'd like to think we're in for a busy summer whichever league we're in though.

11Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Fri May 03 2013, 11:15

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Dougie has made it very clear that he wants 2 full backs and probably centre midfielder along with a striker. Maybe more depending on departures. Rumour mongers will be working overtime this summer.

12Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Fri May 03 2013, 11:26

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It seems Doogie is not scared to have a clean out if neccessary. I'll give him credit for that.
Results have been going our way for the most part even with some head scratching team selections etc. So if we blame a manager for losses we must give credit for winning. I'm 50/50 on him myself.

13Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward Fri May 03 2013, 13:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's certainly going to be interesting and there are already a few dramas to be played out. Spearing for example. When he arrived I said he would be good for us (not a popular opinion at the time as most posters seemed to think we should be signing Messi) but Jay worked out fine and then Dougie said he wouldn't be signing him.
Seeing as clubs have taken the piss out of us in transfer dealings over the last few years, I'm still wondering if Dougie said that in order to ameliorate the risk of Liverpool hiking the price when he does put a bid in for Jay in the summer? Same scenario with Dawson.
We'll find out.
Then there's all the media rumours about the rats abandoning the ship. OK Alonso is gone, but would the others e.g. Lee want to get off so quickly if we get promoted?
Or does Dougie have plans for a whole new team in the pipeline? Can't see it given the current transfer budget, but I was impressed (by and large) with what he did in January so when he has the entire summer to dabble in the market, who knows what he might achieve?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum