Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NIXON holds court - latest on Alex Baptiste, Beckford, Sainsbury, Doyle, and Wylde

+11
chipbutty
scottjames30
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
WhiteBic
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
JakeSnake
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nixon tweets in the last hour -

Q - anything in Alex baptiste?

Nixon - A few after him

Q - are Bolton one of them and is he out of contract

Nixon - Yes and yes

Q - nice, it sounds as though the Sainsbury deals been given up on, shame he'd have been a smart price

Nixon - Sainsbury thing has hurdles to cross. Not dead, just not terribly healthy

Q - any body on the radar from Chelsea on loan that we are owed

Nixon - That is an August thing probably. Dougie wants his own players if possible.

Q - Any chance they might swoop for Kevin Doyle on the cheap? I know he's not done too much recently though!

Nixon - Not had a mention. Gone off lately.

Q - is the Beckford deal done? How many are we expected to recruit?

Nixon - Beckford a fair way off. U want two strikers. And a right back. That's for starters ...

Q - do you know if Greg Wylde features in his thoughts

Nixon - Will be off

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Baptiste is a quality player. Wylde should be given a chance. Kevin Doyle is a donkey

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If Wylde was at all decent I think Coyle or Freedman would have given him a chance.

I think Wylde is probably the poorest bit of business Coyle ever did (ok maybe not the worst), as soon as he saw him in training I bet the alarm bells were ringing that he had made a huge fuck up.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wylde i liked when i saw him up here but if he didn't cut it so be it.

still a shame we didn't see him get more of a run out, even in cups.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Baptiste? He's average at best.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When did Nixon start working for Bolton Wanderers FC?

If he fires enough rounds then he might hit one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I thought Wylde would have come good this season and at the very least made a few appearances from the bench. I went to a few pre seasons and he seems pacey and fairly lively. Maybe my eye for talent is similar to Coyles... shit.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:If Wylde was at all decent I think Coyle would have given him a chance.

Have you been away for 3 years?

Only Wolves player worth having is Bakary Sako.

Doyle's no better than N'gog IMO

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Doyle's no better than N'gog IMO

Doyle: 82 goals in 290 games = a goal every 3.54 games
Ngog: 20 goals in 127 games 6.35 = a goal every 6.35 games

Doyle has double the strike rate.

Your argument is flawed.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't be disappointed with Doyle, wouldn't be over the moon or anything but i think he'd contribute a fair bit.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I wouldn't be disappointed with Doyle, wouldn't be over the moon or anything but i think he'd contribute a fair bit.

I agree, but he's a worker and scores goals. Ngog is a proven failure, if someone is foolish enough to offer hard cash he should be shown the door.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree with Nat

Doyle's only been going one way for the last 2 seasons, I work with a few Wolves fans and they say he's gone right off the boil having looked good for Reading and initially for them.

He scored one more goal than N'gog this season in 11 more appearances, he's 29 and I can't see him drastically improving our team.

N'gog has plenty of work to do but he's improved under Dougie and I think he will continue to.

Neither is a long term solution to our lack of goals, but I'd take N'gog over Doyle anytime.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a goal scorer if we are going up next season.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Doyle is (& I should point out at this stage that this is only my personal opinion despite rumors to the contrary) one of the finest football players in the United Kingdom.
I work with quite a lot (when I say 'a lot' I mean a number over seventeen but less than forty four) of Montrose fans and they quite like him.

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

chipbutty wrote:Doyle is (& I should point out at this stage that this is only my personal opinion despite rumors to the contrary) one of the finest football players in the United Kingdom.
I work with quite a lot (when I say 'a lot' I mean a number over seventeen but less than forty four) of Montrose fans and they quite like him.

Are you deluded?

chipbutty wrote:Doyle is (& I should point out at this stage that this is only my personal opinion despite rumors to the contrary) one of the finest football players in the United Kingdom.

Very poor.

Considering how keen you are to wind up you're absolutely shit at it.

JakeSnake wrote:

Are you deluded?

Deluded, thick or a Wind up merchant.

He could be any or all of the above.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

N'gog has plenty of work to do but he's improved under Dougie and I think he will continue to.

He's been shit. Slightly better than under Coyle, but still shit.

I striker who cost £4m should be able to put away easy chances. Ngog can't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum