Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roberto Mancini sacked as Manchester City manager

+8
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Bernard Dennis Park
Triumph
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Roberto Mancini has been sacked as Manchester City manager after three-and-a-half years at the helm.

A club statement said he "had failed to achieve any of the club's stated targets this year, with the exception of qualification for next season's Champions League".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22507128

Wonder what Mr Gartside's targets were this year?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am really glad about this. IMO Mancini is a very ordinary manager, I don't rate him at all. The fact his side couldn't win a champions league game this season and also got dumped out in the group stage last year shows he is tactically poor. I also don't think he commands any sort of respect by his players. The way Tevez talked to him was clear to see how little respect he commanded.
Man City missed a trick by not getting Moyes, he is the sort of strict organised manager they needed. Now instead they will go for another big named journeyman manager in Pellegrini. They really should go for someone like Diego Simone of Atletico Madrid.
It could be an exciting summer in the transfer market with United, City and Chelsea all having new managers.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I am really glad about this. IMO Mancini is a very ordinary manager, I don't rate him at all. The fact his side couldn't win a champions league game this season and also got dumped out in the group stage last year shows he is tactically poor. I also don't think he commands any sort of respect by his players. The way Tevez talked to him was clear to see how little respect he commanded.
Man City missed a trick by not getting Moyes, he is the sort of strict organised manager they needed. Now instead they will go for another big named journeyman manager in Pellegrini. They really should go for someone like Diego Simone of Atletico Madrid.
It could be an exciting summer in the transfer market with United, City and Chelsea all having new managers.

Mancini won seven trophies at Inter in four years and then they sacked him. In three and a half years at City this is the first time he has finished without a trophy but they have comfortably qualified for the Champions League.

His sacking is everything that is wrong about wealthy foreigners with big pockets buying football clubs as their personal plaything. They demand instant results and just throw money away to try and buy success.

They know nothing, nor do they care, about tradition and history. I wish City nothing but the worst for the coming season, their owners deserve nothing less.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree with it tbh, woeful in all competitions this year and made some terrible signings.

Goodbye!

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

To many world class players fighting for to few places = disharmony in the camp.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They don't have any world class players.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They obviously do. They also have some average players though imo.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't think of any.

you could probably have a strong case for Silva.

I think the term "world class" is banded around a bit easily these days.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Milner and Barry.

Those Argentinians they have are a bit shit though.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i like Aguero and Tevez is obviously a brilliant player but world class.

If Messi sets that standard i just think they have a ways to go.

not saying they are not top top players, they are.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Messi doesn't set the standard though. Nobody is as good as him.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

City's team is not awesome but wouldn't take much. I like hart, kompany, clichy, silva, yaya, nasri, aguero and tevez. But I think players like Barry, lescott, Milner, Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair, etc are very ordinary.

They need to spend big this summer if they want to challenge in Europe and be champions again. Last summer they made some very poor signings.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Messi doesn't set the standard though. Nobody is as good as him.

no but surely he is the "gold standard" of "world class players"

Anyway, just opinons.

too many are labelled world class nowadays, when they aren't (IMO)

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's obviously the best player. It doesn't mean other players aren't world class because they're not as good as him though. Is there only one world class player in the world?

World class to me means a player who can star in any team in the world. Aguero definitely fits that category, I'd be tempted to say Kompany does too.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure Messi isn't the best defender, midfielder, goalkeeper - he's the best forward though

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just think the term world class is too often used, thats it really.

Not many of these city players have shone on a world or european stage.

Still top players though.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Second in the premiership this year. Won it last year. Losing FA cup finalists.
That's actually a great set of results..
Just how much do these oil soaked clowns want from a manager.. I think its's a disgrace - the guy wins trophies.
By thier logic Moyes should have been shown the door by Everton and Wenger by Arsenal years ago. Neither of them have won anything for years. but they produce good football teams playing good entertaining football
I think football is in a disatrous condition at the moment with overseas owners acting like banana republic dictators

rammywhite wrote:Second in the premiership this year. Won it last year. Losing FA cup finalists.
That's actually a great set of results..
Just how much do these oil soaked clowns want from a manager.. I think its's a disgrace - the guy wins trophies.
By thier logic Moyes should have been shown the door by Everton and Wenger by Arsenal years ago. Neither of them have won anything for years. but they produce good football teams playing good entertaining football
I think football is in a disatrous condition at the moment with overseas owners acting like banana republic dictators

I think he deserves to be sacked to be honest.

For the money spent it's not an outstanding return and the squad still needs new faces if it's going to reclaim the title next season. Given what he spent on Garcia, Sinclair and Rodwell I wouldn't give him more money.

His relationships with players were poor and his results in Europe are shocking. He's been paid handsomely for his time there I don't think he can feel too hard done by.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He deserved it no question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum