Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reserve team captain Mark Connolly to Macclesfield on a months loan

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international has been a regular fixture in the reserve side this season and now heads to Moss Rose in search of first team experience.

Under the guidance of Gary Simpson, Macclesfield currently sit in 20th position in the League Two table, three points clear of the relegation zone.

Connolly, 20, could be in line to make his debut for the Silkmen on Saturday afternoon away at promotion-chasing Oxford United.

"I got a phone call from my agent after Tuesday night's reserve game saying that there was interest from Macclesfield," Connolly explained. "I then spoke with the gaffer and he said it would be good for me to get some game time there.

"I've seen this season when they've played our first team that they are a very good side despite their league position. I'm looking forward to going there and it's going to be a new challenge for me".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the young 'uns I've been hoping would step up since we signed him from Wolves - but I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum