Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's this about Rovers/fines for loss making?

+2
scottjames30
wanderlust
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Somebody on a Wigan forum reckons that the FA set a "loss- making" quota last season i.e. clubs were not allowed to lose over £10million in the season or else they'd face financial penalties.
According to said pie-eater, Rovers lost £40 million and are set to get a humungous fine.

Is this absolute bollocks?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've heard they were losing around two million a month, some Burnley fan told me that a couple of months ago.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Rumours are rife that Shebby Singh is walking on thin ice, fuck I hope they don't sack him, he's the reason Blackburn are a joke.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's the financial fair play rules and clubs like Bolton and Blackburn will be in trouble if the rules are stringently enforced.

They won't be though and there'll always be a way around it anyway.

So it doesn't really matter.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Somebody on a Wigan forum reckons that the FA set a "loss- making" quota last season i.e. clubs were not allowed to lose over £10million in the season or else they'd face financial penalties.
According to said pie-eater, Rovers lost £40 million and are set to get a humungous fine.

£130m, £150m, £500m.

We could go forever losing money, clubs never go out of business. Any fine is going to be peanuts compared to the debt so who cares.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Somebody on a Wigan forum reckons that the FA set a "loss- making" quota last season i.e. clubs were not allowed to lose over £10million in the season or else they'd face financial penalties.

£130m, £150m, £500m.

We could go forever losing money, clubs never go out of business. Any fine is going to be peanuts compared to the debt so who cares.

Total debt can be managed to some extent as you point out, although it will get you eventually. But if you're hit with fines that were not budgeted for it could affect cashflow which impacts on things like transfers.
Also, if the money was owed to me, I'd care - and would impose fairly strict spending protocols as far as I could to protect my investment.
Bit different when it's your own dosh.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I read that Shebby is on the way out

Pity

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum