Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley to go down???

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Burnley to go down??? Empty Burnley to go down??? Sun Jun 23 2013, 09:18

McCann and Patterson to join Coyle at Wigan by the looks of it, Austin probably leaving. 

Will there be any investment??

Genuine question this I don't know much about Burnley, but I know Sean Dyche is reasonably solid, what does copper think?

2Burnley to go down??? Empty Re: Burnley to go down??? Sun Jun 23 2013, 09:36

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lee Grant has already gone and those above are the 3 best players, unless they re-invest or can get sufficient quality in for less expenditure it is going to be a struggle. Being competitive and organised in this division is 75% of the battle and Burnley won't be the only ones in this situation so all is not lost but I expect them to struggle.

3Burnley to go down??? Empty Re: Burnley to go down??? Sun Jun 23 2013, 10:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sean Dyche has a cunning plan...

4Burnley to go down??? Empty Re: Burnley to go down??? Sun Jun 23 2013, 12:13

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:McCann and Patterson to join Coyle at Wigan by the looks of it, Austin probably leaving. 

Will there be any investment??

Genuine question this I don't know much about Burnley, but I know Sean Dyche is reasonably solid, what does copper think?

We will if we sign Kevin Davies Very Happy

There will be modest investment and the amount will depend on what we get for Austin.

The worry as always is the midfield and that would be the case even if McCann was staying.

It's only 23rd of June and transfers don't properly get going until July when players come back off holiday and weigh up their contract offers.

5Burnley to go down??? Empty Re: Burnley to go down??? Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:44

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I have predicted that Burnley will go down. I wouldn't like to see them go down btw. I think it will be a real struggle for them this coming season though.

6Burnley to go down??? Empty Re: Burnley to go down??? Sun Jun 23 2013, 19:38

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:I have predicted that Burnley will go down. I wouldn't like to see them go down btw. I think it will be a real struggle for them this coming season though.

I know from the outside looking in that losing Austin and not being able to properly replace him, you can come to that conclusion.

We actually won 5 games whilst Austin was out injured, that's nearly a third of our total games won for the season (I think that he was out for 8 games in total).

Throughout history we've always been able to find goalscorers, so it may seem silly but losing Austin isn't as concerning as some may think.

An attacking midfielder and a midfielder who is fairly comfortable on the ball and can pass it are needed.

We'll be quite comfortable in the league with a couple of decent midfielders and not near the relegation places.

7Burnley to go down??? Empty Re: Burnley to go down??? Sun Jun 23 2013, 19:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They'll win the league with Kevin Davies upfront.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum