Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floyd Mayweather.

+8
Sluffy
Angry Dad
Tigermin
waynagain
ROGUEMANNY
Michael Bolton
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Honestly , do you think Pacman will land a single blow ?

I don't. it'll be the most one sided fight ever.

And RT, that's one shite excuse , he's had a free reign, that's because he's that good, it's not his fault, Ricky was good until.......gatti was good until.....Mosley was good until.....Golden boy was good until .......

Just face the facts, whoever get put infront of him, and theres been a lot, don't stand a chance.

It's all about different eras. The Hearns, Leonard, Benitez, Duran, Hagler period was really strong when it came to top class fighters. I don't see the same level of quality opponents during the Mayweather era. It's not his fault, he just didn't come through at the same time as some of the other great fighters.

OK then, in my own opinion , Mayweather would beat, the above on points.

Duran would get his head punched off, like Arturo Gatti.

22Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:07

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No doubt he's a great fighter that's not in question, its is he the best ever imo no by quite a distance.

23Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I 've never seen a fighter that could ,or would beat him,

How many so called greats has he fought, and when he's wiped the floor with them, there no longer a great as such,

Look at oscar de la hoya for example, is there a fighter in his lifetime that can even land a punch on him.

how can anyone say hes not the best ?

Has any of the above ever been beaten ?

24Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

https://youtu.be/NZu22Z7n58w

Talking sense , Bob Arum.

25Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:28

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I prefer the heavyweights alway,s have the only small fighter i ever liked watching was leonard they dont really interest me. Now start a topic on them scott and we could get into some serious debates there isnt much i dont know about heavyweight greats. Its no good saying this fighter would have beaten all the greats because styles make fights and there is alway,s a bannana skin like buster douglas waiting round the corner.

26Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boxing.com on the 28th March this year published its 100 greatest boxers of all time.

Mayweather was rated well below the likes of Ali, Duran, Leonard, Robinson etc and only just scraped into the top 50 in 47th position.

There's plenty other lists out there if you want to look at them - non rate Mayweather above Ali, Duran etc,

http://www.boxing.com/the_100_greatest_fighters_of_all_time_part_six_50_41.html

27Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of bollocks , they are jealous of him more like, never been hit/ beat and he can't even get on a ponce thing like that.

I bet he's well gutted Laughing 

28Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

https://youtu.be/SKWhCihTTEs

Its all shite, Mayweather is the master, inside and out.

29Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 01:45

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:I dont think mayweather fights enough to be in the top five all time 1-Ray Robinson
                                                                                         2-Henry  Armstrong
                                                                                         3-Ray Leonard
                                                                                         4-Roberto Duran
                                                                                         5-Thomas Hearns

Very interesting is AD's choice. I saw Duran, Leonard and Hearns all fight in their prime and I have to say that they were all truly gifted fighters. Mayweather has pretty much had free reign in the welterweight division. PacMan was a great fighter and was prepared to fight Mayweather but the conditions and strings attached from the Mayweather camp were insurmountable.

If it's true, the Mayweather camp demanded a syringe of blood from Pacman three days before any potential fight to test for anabolic steroids.

Mayweather came up with excues after excuse not to fight PacMan in his prime because he knew he would lose. He's only fought 'has-beens'.
Fighters like Marciano were way better than dirtbags like Mayweather. Fought as a heavyweight even though he was really a light heavy and still never lost a fight. And he never beat up any women, maybe Mayweather should have his next fight against Chris Brown.

30Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 11:03

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Ali was a racist

A fact always argued by people in boxing that he lived in suppressed times and was alienated by whites so he was allowed to be racist.

The forgotten bits are that he was racist towards other black fighters. Also turning up at people's houses at 3 in the morning and abusing them before a fight shows little or no class

In the ring he was a great but outside he was no angel

31Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 14:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mayweather has had a lot of easy fights because unfortunately for him, there wasn't a really strong challenger base to put him to the test - and help him improve. That's what characterised the careers of the greats - winning against great competition. Ali is remembered for his fights against Foreman, Frazier, Liston, Norton etc and it's the level of competition that makes a great fighter. Hearns and Leonard for example. Roberto Duran wasn't a great fighter but he was in a tough group and won because he was possibly the hardest fighter of all time. He got punched a lot but he just kept coming. You don't see fighters like that these days and TBH many of his fights would have been stopped early by modern day refs. But don't try to tell me Mayweather would have decked him. Roberto was an animal and Mayweather could have hit him with a baseball bat and he'd still be coming forward.

32Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 14:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My favourite boxer is Arturo Gatti.

and Mayweather absolutely destroyed him.

Gatti was still standing at the end though.

33Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 14:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Mayweather has had a lot of easy fights because unfortunately for him, there wasn't a really strong challenger base to put him to the test - and help him improve. That's what characterised the careers of the greats - winning against great competition. Ali is remembered for his fights against Foreman, Frazier, Liston, Norton etc and it's the level of competition that makes a great fighter. Hearns and Leonard for example. Roberto Duran wasn't a great fighter but he was in a tough group and won because he was possibly the hardest fighter of all time. He got punched a lot but he just kept coming. You don't see fighters like that these days and TBH many of his fights would have been stopped early by modern day refs. But don't try to tell me Mayweather would have decked him. Roberto was an animal and Mayweather could have hit him with a baseball bat and he'd still be coming forward.

The thing with Mayweather is he can win a fight in so many different ways, he can open up with some really powerful, accurate blows, or he can shut up shop and just pick you off, he can change his boxing game in an instant.

he's got a fantastic boxing game, Marquez, Mosley, De La Hoya, Cotto, Hatton, Guerrero, are hardly bums.

34Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 14:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:My favourite boxer is Arturo Gatti.

I liked Gatti, he was a very explosive fighter, didn't give a shite about getting hit, just went for the big blows.

The crowd loved him, it was a shame his life ended how it did.

35Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 14:53

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tigermin wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Amir Khan has the potential to be better than Money Mayweather. He has the speed and punching power to destroy Mayweather. Mayweather is a clever boxer but he doesn't have the power and speed of Khan.

Holy shit you talk utter shite on any number of subjects but this is one of your better fuckwit statements !!!!! ::wtf:: ::FU:: 

I was wondering if anyone thought I was being serious. I should have known that the village idiot would bite.
You tosser.

36Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 14:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:My favourite boxer is Arturo Gatti.

I liked Gatti, he was a very explosive fighter, didn't give a shite about getting hit, just went for the big blows.

The crowd loved him, it was a shame his life ended how it did.

no one had his heart/toughness.

wouldn't win any points for style but he was bloody tough.

Mayweather is the best though.

37Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 15:15

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:Mayweather has had a lot of easy fights because unfortunately for him, there wasn't a really strong challenger base to put him to the test - and help him improve. That's what characterised the careers of the greats - winning against great competition. Ali is remembered for his fights against Foreman, Frazier, Liston, Norton etc and it's the level of competition that makes a great fighter. Hearns and Leonard for example. Roberto Duran wasn't a great fighter but he was in a tough group and won because he was possibly the hardest fighter of all time. He got punched a lot but he just kept coming. You don't see fighters like that these days and TBH many of his fights would have been stopped early by modern day refs. But don't try to tell me Mayweather would have decked him. Roberto was an animal and Mayweather could have hit him with a baseball bat and he'd still be coming forward.

:clap: :agree:

38Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 17:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:

:clap: :agree:

Bear in mind Roberto "Hands of Stone" Duran was a lightweight though.

Too lightweight as Natasha would say.

39Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 17:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

duran has a glass jaw, mayweather would put him to bed real early.

Last edited by scottjames30 on Fri Mar 07 2014, 13:32; edited 1 time in total

40Floyd Mayweather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Sat Jun 29 2013, 18:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still think this guy is the best ever.

Last edited by scottjames30 on Fri Mar 07 2014, 13:33; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum