Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who are you?

+13
xmiles
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Angry Dad
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 22:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:There are at least 50 registered posters on Nuts who have been on here for months but have never posted once. Why go to the trouble of signing up but never bother expressing an opinion about anything? Especially Wanderers related matters.

Some people just like to read what I have to say. The forum is closed to guests so they have to sign up. Leave them alone.

22Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 22:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I was on Teamtalk then BA but haven't posted on either for ages. This site strikes the right balance for me.

23Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 22:47

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I am a big fish, in a very small pond.

24Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 22:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

A forum is only as good as its posters - if we all just simply 'viewed' instead of 'posting' - then we would quickly find ourselves in the same position as bb, Mavies, etc find themselves in now.

A bit rich. You've made about 5 posts in the last month.

25Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 22:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:I am a big fish, in a very small pond.

More like a polyp of fetid protoplasm in the cesspool of the herd. Razz 

26Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 22:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

:nono:  But all informative and non-confrontational.

27Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 23:02

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:I am a big fish, in a very small pond.

More like a polyp of fetid protoplasm in the cesspool of the herd. Razz 

Not very nice you old fudger.

28Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 23:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am actually quite partial to a bit of fudge but I wouldn't describe myself as a fudge nudger.

29Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 23:17

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Well I beg to differ.

30Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 23:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

A forum is only as good as its posters - if we all just simply 'viewed' instead of 'posting' - then we would quickly find ourselves in the same position as bb, Mavies, etc find themselves in now.

WYSIWYG with me though.

31Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 23:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

WYSIWYG with me though.

I see Owen Coyle holding a Wigan scarf.

32Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Tue Jul 02 2013, 23:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

WYSIWYG with me though.

I see Owen Coyle holding a Wigan scarf.

I guess you could say that - after all there is only one Owen Coyle - thankfully.

Just imagine if there were say ten others of him!

33Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Wed Jul 03 2013, 18:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Maybe it is a reluctance to get involved in discussion with one or two particular posters we have on here / on another forum - if that's the case just post and ignore and don't rise to any bullshit they may post to try to get you to 'bite'.

There's a lot of good and well respected posters on here, if it is the muppets that may be putting you off from posting - then don't let them!

Who are the one or two ?

And who are the muppets. Magoo and Wayne ?

34Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Wed Jul 03 2013, 18:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

scottjames30 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Maybe it is a reluctance to get involved in discussion with one or two particular posters we have on here / on another forum - if that's the case just post and ignore and don't rise to any bullshit they may post to try to get you to 'bite'.

There's a lot of good and well respected posters on here, if it is the muppets that may be putting you off from posting - then don't let them!

Who are the one or two ?

And who are the muppets. Magoo and Wayne ?

People do what they want to do on the internet - some post normally as themselves, others post as fake personas - acting in a way and saying thigs that they never would do in real life.

Some people think they are funny or smart by abusing others - most people don't actually like to be abused though.

Some people act abusively back, others have a sort of mini breakdown - some people find this sort of thing is funny - others think it is all just bloody childish.

It's a hard decision where to pitch modding on a site - some mods remove everything they don't like and ban posters who challenge them - others let most things go on the basis that we are all adults and should be able to sort fact from fiction on an internet site.

Your favourite poster may be the one most people dislike and visa-versa.

I think the best way we can go is to make sure the site is as fair and equal to everybody who wants to post on here.

Unfortunately sometimes we can't even manage to do that.

At the end of the day we get what we deserve.

It's an internet site - just chill and relax and people will post - abuse people, piss about all the time and people won't.

It's as simple as that really.

35Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Wed Jul 03 2013, 18:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think posters will post if posters post whatever, if posters don't post it won't be because Joe Bloggs called Alan Notrightinthehead a name, it'll be because there just reading funny posts from Nat , and AD and RT and a few others.

Just because they're not posting doesn't mean they're not interested, quite the opposite in-fact .

36Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Wed Jul 03 2013, 19:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I think posters will post if posters post whatever, if posters don't post it won't be because Joe Bloggs called Alan Notrightinthehead a name, it'll be because there just reading funny posts from Nat , and AD and RT and a few others.

Just because they're not posting doesn't mean they're not interested, quite the opposite in-fact .

Indeed. Some people just prefer to read what other people think.

37Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Wed Jul 03 2013, 19:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

scottjames30 wrote:I think posters will post if posters post whatever, if posters don't post it won't be because Joe Bloggs called Alan Notrightinthehead a name, it'll be because there just reading funny posts from Nat , and AD and RT and a few others.

Well you only have to look at other sites like bb, Mavis and JA606 to see that is not true.

People post because they want to have their say and get some sort of feedback.

Once they don't get the feedback they want, then they stop posting.  If people don’t post others won’t come to view what they say - no point in having a forum with no posts and nobody viewing is there!

BB's owner bans everybody he doesn't like - now there are only a few like minds left on there and nobody is interested in their one dimensional views any more.

BA tried heavy handed and self-opinionated modding and drove off all but the few posters regular posters they have left.

To my way of thinking any forum needs to be tolerant of other peoples views and opinions in order to have discussions with more than one viewpoint.

Chase everyone away who doesn’t like or think the way you do and suddenly the site becomes a place where all but the 'clique' begin to avoid.

It's all about finding someway for everybody to have their say freely and without abuse is what is needed in my opinion - otherwise we may as well just spout whatever shite we think is right and ban everybody who disagrees with us and go down the bb route.

38Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Wed Jul 03 2013, 19:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Abuse keeps forums going - without the abuse half this site wouldn't be here.

Twats.

39Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Wed Jul 03 2013, 19:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Well you only have to look at other sites like bb, Mavis and JA606 to see that is not true.

I've never been on any of their sites Sluffy, mainly BAs as you know, 70 posts or something on WW and this site, so only know this and BAs really.

This JA606 stuff I thought was Guest66s mate.

40Who are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who are you? Wed Jul 03 2013, 20:31

Only on here, the Bolton news one (curcicnotforgotten) and pistonheads. Oh and I had a brief stint on BA Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum