Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coventry City to play 34 miles away

+2
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coventry City to play 34 miles away Empty Coventry City to play 34 miles away Thu Jul 04 2013, 08:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coventry City have agreed a deal to groundshare with Northampton Town at the 7,600-capacity Sixfields Stadium, according to reports.

Sky Blues chief executive Tim Fisher last month revealed plans to move into a new stadium having claimed Coventry had been given no choice but to leave the Ricoh Arena such are their money issues, and they look set to 'move in' with the League Two side, say the Coventry Telegraph.

Northampton’s ground is almost 34 miles away from League One Coventry’s, so the move represents a considerable risk to still attract fans to the games.

Fans protested outside their ground to call for the club to remain in Coventry, whether it be at the 32,609-capacity Ricoh Arena or elsewhere, and more than 13,000 people have signed the Telegraph’s petition to ‘Keep City in Coventry'.

The Football League will meet on Thursday to consider the arrangement, with the club hoping to play their first home game of the season against Bristol City at Sixfields, on August 10.

The deal could be approved by the League whether or not Coventry City are still in administration at the start of the season.

The move will be one of the first act of new owners of the club Otium Entertainment Group Limited, with administrator Paul Appleton saying about the companies deal: 'Obviously, one of the key points now is to determine where the club plays its football next season, but that is a matter for the purchasers and the Football League.'

Walsall's Bescot Stadium was thought to be a possible destination, but their pitch was deemed to be unable to cope with so many games being played on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2355211/Coventry-City-agree-groundshare-Northampton-Town-34-miles-away.html

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why don't they play at Villa Park? Wolves are struggling as well so Molineux would be a lot nearer.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The ground is fucking miles away from the town anyway so it won't change much.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The ground is fucking miles away from the town anyway so it won't change much.

Will you travel to Northampton?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have done loads of times sadly. Another dump.

bit of a pattern in the midlands.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I have done loads of times sadly. Another dump.

bit of a pattern in the midlands.

You seem to dislike everywhere you've ever lived. Is there any UK town you like?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i love Edinburgh, Plymouth, Winchester, Southampton.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Them were the days afro 

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's probably the best business move they could make. They'll pay a fraction to Northampton to what they'd have paid Villa/Brum/Wolves/WBA and the capacity better reflects the crowds they can attract.

It's sad to see a big city club go to shit like this. I only hope it never happens to Bolton though I think it's a larger possibility than many know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum