Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mears and the fans.

+12
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
wessy
kennster
Culcheth_White
NickFazer
scottjames30
Born to be a wanderer
Copper Dragon
Lbj
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21twitter - Mears and the fans. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mears and the fans. Sun Jul 21 2013, 03:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

People forget that footballers are human beings. It's very easy to say "I'd take that for 20k a week."
The biggest problem is it extends beyond abuse from behind the stands. £20k a week is no reward for being called a "shit bastard" etc every time you're out in public, just because you were there. Indeed no amount of money is.

I'm all for the team taking some stick from the fans when they're not pulling their weight, but spiteful, irrational campaigns against players as people are a real shame.

22twitter - Mears and the fans. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mears and the fans. Sun Jul 21 2013, 08:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I'm all for the team taking some stick from the fans when they're not pulling their weight, but spiteful, irrational campaigns against players as people are a real shame.

This. :like: 

23twitter - Mears and the fans. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mears and the fans. Sun Jul 21 2013, 09:53

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

This.  :like: 

Me too.

Much as I think Mears is a rubbish player I don't blame him but that twat Coyle for wasting money on him (and a bunch of others).

24twitter - Mears and the fans. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mears and the fans. Sun Jul 21 2013, 10:02

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

This.  :like: 

Me too.

Much as I think Mears is a rubbish player I don't blame him but that twat Coyle for wasting money on him (and a bunch of others).

:like: 

25twitter - Mears and the fans. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mears and the fans. Sun Jul 21 2013, 10:04

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with Doffer on this. Shouting abuse at the players is part of the game, unfortunately, but to do it at a pre-season friendly, when the game is over, and everythying is quietening down, is completely out of order. If you are going to abuse a player face-to-face, then you have to accepte that they may react. I can understand Mears wanting to punch his lights out, regardless of how much he is on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum