Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mears on his way out

+5
Hip Priest
Culcheth_White
luckyPeterpiper
White84
aaron_bwfc
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mears on his way out Empty Mears on his way out Sat Nov 09 2013, 12:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Some interesting quotes from Dougie today on the future of Mears, apparently Mears does not look like fitting in with his idea of a right-back, what ever the hell that means.

------------------------------------------------

The Scot has denied there has been any falling-out with Mears but confirmed he would be allowed to leave with his blessing should another club come calling.

“I have got no problem with his attitude in training but Tyrone Mears does not look like fitting in with my idea of a right-back. It is as simple as that,” he said.

“I don’t have any problem with Tyrone over his attitude or how he has trained.

“Tyrone is available for loan, no doubt, and he can go and get some football.

“He missed quite a bit of football last year with his illness and he’s missed a bit this year.

“At his age he does have to go and play, and he realises that as well. Where and when he goes, I don’t know the answer at the moment.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From the rest of the article it also seems Eagles future has become very unclear with us aswell.

2Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sat Nov 09 2013, 12:33

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Eagles had his glory year last year.12 goals 12 assists.Since his injury v Burnley never looked like half the same player.As for Mears his terrible judgement in giving penalties away Leeds home and away and I'm not talking the Aussie soap,we're scandalous.£36 for me n I paid my mates lad £ 36 as we'll n he was only 17.Worst match ever appalling.Mears dives in for a tackle when 0-0 was the score,player back to goal no threat at all.                                                                                                                Leeds one shot Becchio 1-0.will not miss him at all.

3Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sat Nov 09 2013, 12:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If the rumours are to be believed Eagles threw a strop when Feeney was brought in on loan and hasn't bucked his ideas up since he left.

4Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sat Nov 09 2013, 13:01

I think Mears has been made a bit of a scapegoat during his time here, unlucky with injuries, illness etc but he's never shown himself to be good enough when he's had the chance. I think Dougie was desperate to loan him to Millwall during the summer, and when Mears refused it probably pissed him off to have to hold onto a relatively large wage which could have gone towards Kightly or one of the other players we couldn't afford.

I'd imagine if an offer came in Mears would go in January, he's certainly not going to get more opportunities here.

5Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sat Nov 09 2013, 17:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Personally I think Mears was decent at this level but he's never going to be premiership quality. Owen made a mistake some managers seem to make a lot. He bought players from a club where he'd done well and didn't necessarily think about how they'd fit in under a new club and style. With certain players the club set up doesn't matter because they're class wherever they go but Mears isn't a top class player. For that matter neither is Eagles IMO. He's good, really good on his day but his consistency and work rate have always been a bit suspect. Mears will do a decent job for someone in this Division but if we went up again I'd worry if he was our first choice RB.

6Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sat Nov 09 2013, 21:12

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mears gave away a needless penalty away against Leeds last season, when the game was 0-0, which we ended up losing 1-0. I don't think he's had much of a look in since and I think Dougie is doing the right thing by making Mears available, he is a liability!

7Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sun Nov 10 2013, 02:27

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He's been unlucky with injuries but he's always been upfront about the fact that he's only ever been in it for the money. These days he's utter wank so let's not worry about him too much and hope we can get rid somehow and get him off the wage bill.

8Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sun Nov 10 2013, 09:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Classic Coyle signing: too expensive, too injury prone and crap. Good riddance.

9Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sun Nov 10 2013, 10:07

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whether he's crap or not he will be on his way because Dougie doesn't rate him. Hopefully we can get in a decent replacement for him or better still bring through one of our own younger players.

10Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sun Nov 10 2013, 11:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:better still bring through one of our own younger players.
Stop joking about a serious matter.

11Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sun Nov 10 2013, 11:34

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Whitesince63 wrote:Whether he's crap or not he will be on his way because Dougie doesn't rate him. Hopefully we can get in a decent replacement for him or better still bring through one of our own younger players.
Assuming we have one in that position who's good enough I'd agree completely. I'm not really savvy with the youth or reserve set-up right now so I'll ask the forum. Do we have a decent young full-back ready to step up?

12Mears on his way out Empty Re: Mears on his way out Sun Nov 10 2013, 12:14

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We have Riley .... but I have no idea what's the latest with him.  I won't fight Doog on this one ....as long as the right back brought in is in fact a better player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum