Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stuart Holden wants to leave Bolton Wanderers!

+7
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

“I have aspirations of playing at the highest level,” he said. “Eventually playing in the Champions League and, as far as the national team, I want to be one of the main guys for [the 2014 World Cup in] Brazil.”

After all we've done for him... Evil or Very Mad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he is only saying what most players who are out with a long term injury would say.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Total tosser. Absolute total tosser.

We basically pay him thousands a week to Tweet and he repays us by saying this shite.

Another thing Stuart, you ain't that good! If you were you'd have avoided that tackle at Man Utd.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Total tosser. Absolute total tosser.

We basically pay him thousands a week to Tweet and he repays us by saying this shite.

Another thing Stuart, you ain't that good! If you were you'd have avoided that tackle at Man Utd.

Very Happy poorest WUM attempt yet.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Very Happy poorest WUM attempt yet.

Is that your token answer for every post you don't agree with?

Perhaps you approve of these dickheads being paid thousands and then saying they want to play elsewhere...but I don't.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No just the ones that are blatant nonsense.

every player wants to play at the highest level, if you play for bolton, wigan, bradford, Radcliffe borough you know you're not going to win trophies.

I'm glad he's got a bit of ambition, and at the end of the day if he's not playing well for us he'll never garner any attention so it's all positive.

he didn't say "i want to play somewhere else" It's "one day, my ambition is to play in the champions league"

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Proper shit stirring article this, Keegan.

Is there a player in the history of the club who wouldn't want to play CL football? No.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No just the ones that are blatant nonsense.

every player wants to play at the highest level, if you play for bolton, wigan, bradford, Radcliffe borough you know you're not going to win trophies.

I get that, but the sensible players keep it to themselves. I'd like to work for the biggest advertising agency in the world, but I don't send e-mails to all my customers telling them!

He should have kept his fat gob shut.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So Coyle should tell the truth, but Holden should keep it to himself.

right, ok.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Totally agree with Hipster.

Seizing on Holden's words and accusing him of being disloyal is pathetic and fanciful. I don't remember anyone accusing Cahill or Anelka of being disloyal.

It's a storm in a teacup. If someone asks him what his career ambitions are, and if they are to one day play at a higher level, then why should he lie? What, because he is injured?!

He's not done an Alan Stubbs and said "come and get me". That would be different.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nothing realy in this to be honest, the journalist has obviously asked him how far can you see your career going once you get back from the injury and saying what ever half decent footballer would say.

If he turned round and said I just want to stay at bolton and retire, would be pretty boring.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I get that, but the sensible players keep it to themselves. I'd like to work for the biggest advertising agency in the world, but I don't send e-mails to all my customers telling them!

But you arnt followed, interviewed and quoted where ever you go are you.

If you were then that sentence you just wrote would contradict itself..

He is quoted on everything he says, so he said one slight remark about wanting to go to a better club... would you rather have a team of knights and eagles who have no hope of going anywhere better?

He shouldnt say stuff like this, but this is the first time he has ever said it, he isnt saying it regularly, its just one small interview, give him a break.

people get too hung up on the small things and forget the bigger picture.... like hes our best midfielder player, always works hard, and we got him for free Rolling Eyes

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

largehat wrote:Proper shit stirring article this, Keegan.

Thank you, I try.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I agree. It's not necessary and nothing to be gained from saying it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Totally agree with Hipster.

Seizing on Holden's words and accusing him of being disloyal is pathetic and fanciful. I don't remember anyone accusing Cahill or Anelka of being disloyal.

It's a storm in a teacup. If someone asks him what his career ambitions are, and if they are to one day play at a higher level, then why should he lie? What, because he is injured?!

He's not done an Alan Stubbs and said "come and get me". That would be different.

Of course it's disloyal. It might not be the truth, but he should have answered "I want to win things with Bolton Wanderers, that's all I care about".

I imagine John McGinlay (our best player, rarely injured) wanted to play for Celtic or Liverpool but you never heard him saying so - all he talked was of his ambition for Bolton Wanderers.

Say you ran a business, your leading salesmen has half a year off on the sick on full pay....during that time he sends an e-mail to all your customers telling them he has ambitions to work for your bigger competitor. Would you be happy, would you fuck!

And don't try and say the Holden situation is different because it isn't. We brought him to the UK on big wages and he's spent the majority of that time sitting on his arse. He should show some fucking respect.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Your analogy doesn't work Natasha.

For one thing, salesmen don't spend a year away from active duty because of something that happened in the normal course of their work. If you are a football club, it is an implied term of the contract of a professional footballer that they may be injured while playing and become unavailable to play. Holden has not done a Carlos Tevez and wilfully withdrawn his labour. The fact that he is injured is totally irrelevant.

The emailing all the customers bit is a misnomer too. The equivalent would be the salesman being asked by a customer and telling them. Holden has not held a press conference with the bloody Champions League logo in front of him. Someone has asked him, not the other way round.

John McGinlay wasn't good enough to play for Liverpool or in the Champions League. If he had been good enough, and the CL was as big a deal to players as it is today, and if asked, he would have said the same thing as Holden. McGinlay realised the upper limit of his realistic ambitions at BWFC based on his ability. He wasn't good enough for the PL and managed to be top scorer in the second tier and win a few Scotland caps. Before he joined us he was a journeyman footballer.

You have this tendency to ascribe saintly qualities to players who played for BWFC in the mid 1990s which is fascinating.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, I knew as I was typing it you'd base your reply around the fact McGinlay wasn't good enough to play for Celtic or Liverpool, just to be pedantic! Ok, swap Celtic & Liverpool for Southampton & Coventry, two poor Premiership teams in his day. But the point remains the same, he probably could have played for a better team and almost certainly thought he could but he never said that in the press. It was all Bolton this, Bolton that with McGinlay - exactly as it should be.

Oh, and I should point out there's no chance of Holden ever playing for a top team either, the best he can hope for is Villa or Fulham or Stoke. He's good, but not that good. And injury prone (ponce).

But whatever the details the fact remains we have stood by the ponce for very little return, the least we should expect is a few positive sounds, not the fact he wants to play for a bigger club. It's insulting to Bolton fans.

And yes, the Bolton teams of the 90's were saintly. Don't try and compare the current bunch of ponces to those heroes.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well if you know what you're typing is irrelevant bollocks to the extent that you know somebody else will pick up on its irrelevance and bollockishness, perhaps you should actually delete it and save everyone the effort.

It's nobody'a ambition to play for Southampton or bloody Coventry. If you are a 27-28 year old journeyman footballer in the early 1990s, signing for a third tier club, and you knew you had 5 years left in you tops, you'd consider what SJM achieved at Bolton as at the pinnacle of your expectations. Why the hell you think he is some sort of hero for not saying "I want to play with Peter Ndlovu and Mick Quinn at Coventry" is beyond me.

Holden does make positive sounds. Telling a journalist his best years are ahead of him is very positive after a serious injury.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I would be far more disappointed if he said that he didnt want to be anywhere except Bolton and then try to leave one or two years later #cough# Rooney #cough#

He maybe shouldnt have said what he did, he should have said 'im just focusing on Bolton at the moment'

But if he lied about it, that would be far worse.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha's point was that McGinlay could have expressed a desire to play in the Premier League - being in a lower division at the time - similarly as Holden as expressed a desire to play in the Champions league (the next step up from playing in the Premier as he is now).

Playing for Southampton or Coventry would have achieved the desire for McGinlay in just the same way as playing for United or City would for Holden.

Seems a fair analogy to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum