Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elmander, Anelka and Dawson

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Empty Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Sat Jul 27 2013, 12:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Palace are chasing the signature of Johan Elmander apparently. Good luck with that.
Meanwhile Anelka has slotted in at WBA and scored a couple in their last pre-season friendly.
Dawson has made two appearances (out of 4) for the Baggies - an unfortunate OG in the first and a steady if unimpressive performance in the second by all accounts.

2Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Empty Re: Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Sat Jul 27 2013, 12:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Has Holloway lost the plot?

3Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Empty Re: Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Sat Jul 27 2013, 12:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Has Holloway lost the plot?
Did he ever have it?

4Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Empty Re: Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Sat Jul 27 2013, 13:11

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

True, I have just read the Elmander story in the daily mail. Seems he isn't even in the squad for next season at Galatasary and is surplus to requirements.

If they can cough up enough to match his wage demands he would probably go.

5Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Empty Re: Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Fri Aug 16 2013, 15:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Elmander is apparently signing for Norwich.

6Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Empty Re: Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Fri Aug 16 2013, 16:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Elmander is apparently signing for Norwich.
That would truly make me laugh.

You can see the conversation at Norwich:

Hughton: Go and watch Johan Elmander, he must be good as Gary Megson paid £8m for him.
Chief Scout: How can I watch him, he can't even get in the Galatasaray squad of 25.
Hughton: Did he score goals at Bolton?
Chief Scout: No, he was shit
Hughton: Did he score goals at Galatasaray?
Chief Scout: No, he was shit.
Hughton: Sign him up!

7Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Empty Re: Elmander, Anelka and Dawson Sat Aug 17 2013, 02:16

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Elmander was probably the worst signing in the club's history. I never could understand why we paid £8m for him, even more so considering he was in his final year of his contract at Toulouse. He was never ever a goal scorer and when you pay £8m for a striker you want goals. 
And then we lost him for nothing. Shocking business. 
Some may argue that bolton's demise was due to his signing. Had we signed another Anelka type striker for £8m and whose goals would have fired us up the league and then we cashed in on him for £15m - the money could be used to strengthen the team again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum