Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are New Parents the most annoying people in the world.

+6
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well are they?

Quite a few of my mates are new parents, some in the last year and they don't half annoy the piss out of me.

50 baby pics a day across all social networks, facebook, twitter and instagram but the worst is their sanctimonious outrage at any and all stories that relate to children or babies.

sharing absolutely ANYTHING that has to with a baby on facebook, RT'ing all baby stories.

God forbid it's a negative story they're on about it for days with their holier than thou outrage.

I know we've got some parents on here, are you an annoying bastard?

Only got one friend who's had one. She was a housemate in the last year at uni, soon as she graduated she announced she was pregnant - god knows what she thought the point of getting a degree was as she now sits on Facebook all day.

Everyday is another excuse to put up a photo of her with the baby, attention seeking at it's worst IMO. For example there's a new batch gone up today showing him looking 'scared' 'happy' and 'shocked' in reality he looks the exact same in every photo and she's sitting next to him pulling stupid faces whilst her friends comment nonsense like '2 cute XoXoX'.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not as much as i used to be! My kids are nearly 6 and 2 now so i think i'm past the incessant talk and pictures of my kids to all and sundry now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well are they?

Quite a few of my mates are new parents, some in the last year and they don't half annoy the piss out of me.

50 baby pics a day across all social networks, facebook, twitter and instagram but the worst is their sanctimonious outrage at any and all stories that relate to children or babies.

sharing absolutely ANYTHING that has to with a baby on facebook, RT'ing all baby stories.

God forbid it's a negative story they're on about it for days with their holier than thou outrage.

Your problem is with social networks sites.

20 years ago if you had a baby you might take a few photos and show them to close family. You wouldn't dream of taking them everywhere with you and showing people you hardly know.

It's twats who use Facebook that need a bullet to the head.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

20 years ago if you had a baby you might take a few photos and show them to close family. You wouldn't dream of taking them everywhere with you and showing people you hardly know.

It's true actually Im sick of Facebook it's just an opportunity for self obsessed twats to post about where they are, what they're eating, drinking, doing etc. Problem is it's got every photo from the age of 16  to now, I'd lose all of that by deleting my account. So instead I just moan about how shit it is.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You do have a point to be fair, but i really need something to look at daily and go "oh ffs" and have a moan.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What's people's fascination with babies? They cry, sleep, piss, shit. They're just small people that can't talk. They're boring.

Unless they're a close relative, I have no interest in anybody's baby. I just scroll right past Facebook baby pictures.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You and Nat have pretty much nailed on what's so crap about social media sites, you get the odd one or two who just post one pic of their new born which is fine but a lot take the piss by posting 10-20 pics in one go.

The one that annoys me is when the weather is warm and all the fucking chavs post pictures of themselves and their kids in those stupid paddling pools you can get from toys r us.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:What's people's fascination with babies? They cry, sleep, piss, shit. They're just small people that can't talk. They're boring.

Unless they're a close relative, I have no interest in anybody's baby. I just scroll right past Facebook baby pictures.

sums it up for me.

the only people interested in multiple pictures of your kid are you and your parents. The end.

Why not just send them by email.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some new parents and pregnant women can be shocking. I remember at work there was this stupid cow who was pregnant, she used to walk around the place stroking her bump all the time.
One day I was walking down the stairs as she was walking up the stairs whilst she was pregnant and she shouted "WAIT! I am pregnant, let me come up the stairs please". 
Stupid cow.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At a certain age, all the party animals that we know and love decide to drop brats. In a close group of female friends you can be pretty sure that >80% of them will be knocked up within 2 years of each other. Not conclusive but the phenomenon is related to the same effect as co-habiting females synchronising their menstrual cycles hormonally.

As soon as the brats hit the floor, the former party animals suddenly adopt a new vocabulary and lifestyle. Gone are the rampant nights painting the town red to be replaced by afternoon gatherings of new mums talking endless crap about their brats which for some reason they feel is of interest to others. I'm not interested in the fact that brat A shat on dad's face whilst he was changing a nappy of how much vomit a child can produce - but you can guarantee I'll be told. This inanity is accompanied by a whole new language which involves new parents making animal noises like a teletubby on heat and incredibly they feel that the baby will understand this without having it's development retarded.

It takes a couple of years of not being invited to parties and people generally avoiding them in the street to get them to wind their necks in and start the long road to rehabilitation back into the community.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd take it a step further than Doffcocker, what is the point of kids at all?

I'm sure parents love their kids, but you could just as easily buy a goldfish and love that - a lot less hassle and a lot less expense.

I know loads of people with kids and all they do is worry about how they're doing at school, who their friends are, how healthy they are etc. Where's the fun in that? And unless your child goes onto be captain of Bolton Wanderers or discover the cure for the common cold, what does the parent get out of it except a shitload of expense and worry.

You know I'm right, anyone brave enough to admit it?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But Nat, if people stop having kids what am i going to roll my eyes at when some utter prat walks into the office with a baby in a holder and just plonks it on a desk for everyone to gorp at.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:But Nat, if people stop having kids what am i going to roll my eyes at when some utter prat walks into the office with a baby in a holder and just plonks it on a desk for everyone to gorp at.

There are plenty of other things to moan about.

If people were stopped from having kids for 20 years the world would be a better place for all of us.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you seen Children of Men though.

Not ideal.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:But Nat, if people stop having kids what am i going to roll my eyes at when some utter prat walks into the office with a baby in a holder and just plonks it on a desk for everyone to gorp at.

There are plenty of other things to moan about.

If people were stopped from having kids for 20 years the world would be a better place for all of us.

Need kids to top up my pension.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Need kids to top up my pension.

Exactly. My kids are probably going to have to keep working until they drop to keep me and us other oldies' pensions at a reasonable level.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I take it you have no kids? I have two daughters and they are really annoying! Does that answer your question?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:

I take it you have no kids? I have two daughters and they are really annoying! Does that answer your question?

At last a bit of honesty from a parent.

If you could go back in time would you buy a goldfish instead?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

At last a bit of honesty from a parent.

If you could go back in time would you buy a goldfish instead?

You cant watch a goldfish play football.

Also, a goldfish wont look after you when you're old and fucked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum