Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Bolton player performance you have seen live

+5
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Michael Bolton
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was telling a friend at the weekend that the best performance I have ever seen by a Bolton player was Annar Gunlaugson back in the 1998 season - he had a run of games where he was just unplayable, he was absolutely incredible. He had an amazing touch, skill, could score from any where. I have never seen a better footballer live than Gunnlaugson. 

Who blew you away the most in one performance by a Bolton player live?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jay jay okocha vs arsenal.

I remember him doing a rainbow flick over ray parlour, blew my mind.

I agree about Gunlnlaugson, for a period he was just unplayable.

Best individual performance I can remember though was Jay-Jay against Man City at home (not sure what year it was), he missed a penalty early on then proceeded to  take the piss and absolutely destroyed them.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Ricketts v Newcastle , on a boxing day, we won 4-3.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:Michael Ricketts v Newcastle , on a boxing day, we won 4-3.
What a game, how good was Gardner's goal in that game?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I loved that game, we were great going forwards that day.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

David Lee FA Cup replay at Anfield

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some good ones on here.

David Lee did indeed destroy Liverpool in '93, if he could finish he'd have had 5 goals that night.

I agree that Arnar Gunnlaugsson had a period where he was simply magnificent, I think he scored about 16 goals in half a season from the wing.

Best individual performance was Kevin Nolan at Leicester on the first day of the 2001-02 season when we won 5-0. He was literally everywhere.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sasa v Bradford FA Cup

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Jesus, how good was that Bolton performance back in 93? I can't believe that was 20 years ago. That team then would destroy the Bolton team now. 
I have to say Nat's mention of the 5-0 at Leicester was probably my favourite ever Bolton game. Back in the big time and winning like that was unreal. They were the days eh?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote: 
I have to say Nat's mention of the 5-0 at Leicester was probably my favourite ever Bolton game. Back in the big time and winning like that was unreal. They were the days eh?

I love that Michael Ricketts goal. It's just brilliant the way he simply twats the ball as hard as he can and it smacks into the top corner. Can you imagine Ngog or Sordell doing that? Of course not.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote: 

I love that Michael Ricketts goal. It's just brilliant the way he simply twats the ball as hard as he can and it smacks into the top corner. Can you imagine Ngog or Sordell doing that? Of course not.

Yes, I remember rewinding that goal many times, I don't remember it to be honest but I seem to remember it didn't bounce out of the net, he just whacked it and it stopped dead. 
The thing with that game was that we had players like Whitlow, Barness, Hanson, Charlton, Warhurst if I remember right, it was a proper shit team we had out, but they played incredible.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ricketts' goal was superb. What a performance.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

Yes, I remember rewinding that goal many times, I don't remember it to be honest but I seem to remember it didn't bounce out of the net, he just whacked it and it stopped dead. 

Re-live the game here MB - condensed into 90 seconds.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ha, great minds think alike.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

John Byrom hat trick v Stoke takes some beating.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Soul Kitchen wrote:John Byrom hat trick v Stoke takes some beating.

Fuck me mate absolute Quality recall,legend of the highest order,saw a bloke in the Lever End walking away with a dart embedded in his shaven head that match,Stoke were nutters then and still are probably. Peter Thompson every time he stepped on the pitch,Frank Worthington,could go on all night

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I was there too.

First Sunday game we ever played.

Sunday's were dead back then - all the shops were shut and the pubs were only opened a few hours.

Because of the laws back then it meant that the game was FREE but you could only get into Burnden with a programme and they cost exactly the same amount as the normal entrance fee.

Can still remember those 'do gooders' with their boards telling us that it was a sin to watch sport on a Sunday - how times change eh.

Happy days.

Won 3-2 as well!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

33,000 on, largest attendence of the round! Geoff Hurst played for Stoke that day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum