Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Eagles faces possible Ban!

+2
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Thu Mar 01 2012, 17:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

BOLTON Wanderer’s footballer Chris Eagles is facing a six-month driving ban after being caught speeding in his white Bentley while on his mobile phone.

The 26-year-old winger was caught driving at 60mph in a 40 mph zone by a police officer using a hand-held speed camera in Manchester last summer, Manchester City Magistrates heard.
See more here.

In his defence, his attorney stated that "he has since got rid of the Bentley." Ok, so the Bentley caused him to go 60mph in a 40 mph zone? Does that mean driving a Corolla will solve the speeding problem once and for all? I found this article somewhat amusing.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Thu Mar 01 2012, 18:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope they throw the book at him. Another ponce who thinks he's above the law just because some people think he's a footballer.

3Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Thu Mar 01 2012, 18:12

put the scumbag in prison, when will people learn that they could kill someone.

4Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Thu Mar 01 2012, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just read the Bolton News article in full.

What a load of shite, I'm ashamed that Eagles plays for us. And shame on the BN for not having a pop at him.

He basically lied to the police, only admitting the offence once they showed him video footage. They should send the bugger down. They'd like him in prison.

5Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Thu Mar 01 2012, 18:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sick of you disrespecting our players.

6Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Thu Mar 01 2012, 18:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton player not telling the truth.

Have we decided yet if that was a good thing or a bad thing?

7Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Thu Mar 01 2012, 22:51

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've just read the Bolton News article in full.

What a load of shite, I'm ashamed that Eagles plays for us. And shame on the BN for not having a pop at him.

He basically lied to the police, only admitting the offence once they showed him video footage. They should send the bugger down. They'd like him in prison.

Surely that is what most people would do, deny it till they are shown the video evidence, even if they are not a "footballer".

He's probably got more points on his license than we will get for the rest of the season.

8Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Thu Mar 01 2012, 23:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

So whats wrong with going a bit faster? If you drive, you will have broken the speed limit at some time, and don't say how much over matters, (it does, but not in this argument) The Police state what they consider a safe speed for the road, and if you go over it you are unnecessarily endangering life. And yes it does make a difference if you're in a Bentley or a Corolla. The Corolla will take longer to get to 60, and the noise levels will alert you to the fact. Not so a Bentley, and they'r a big and a powerful motor. Mind you, being distracted by using your phone doesn't help. I'm assuming he was texting, as his phone would have routed through the car's hands-free.

9Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Thu Mar 01 2012, 23:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I still think he's a prat though

10Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Fri Mar 02 2012, 09:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've just read the Bolton News article in full.

And yet you advocate that Klasnic should start for us every week?

11Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Fri Mar 02 2012, 09:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:And yet you advocate that Klasnic should start for us every week?

I wasn't aware Klasnic had admitted to do anything wrong.

Driving and using your phone is a killer, if anyone had lost a loved one because of it you'd know what I'm talking about.

Anyone caught using a phone while driving should be killed.

12Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Fri Mar 02 2012, 14:27

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

My point re Bentley/Corolla was simply that they can both go 60mph in a 40 mph zone. Changing cars in and of itself does not preclude speeding while using a cell phone.

Coyle out!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Empty Re: Chris Eagles faces possible Ban! Fri Mar 02 2012, 15:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okey dokey, got ya. Coyle Out ! Natasha in !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum