Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can anyone explain the fair play financial rule

+3
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
Born to be a wanderer
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

It's not that I don't understand it as I have read the basics spend what you earn blah blah.Then I see Monaco promoted from French 2nd division have spent £164 million on transfers never mind wages i doubt Falcao is on a threppny bit (oldies only will get that).As the Louis stade 11 stadium has a capacity of 20-000 they obviously are being funded by billionaires.Which when DF is crying about Spearing and how he has to be careful with the clubs money.1.5 million speculate to accumulate Dougie.So where is the parity if Monaco can spend that much.I thought the FFPR were brought in so the likes of what City,Chelsea have done was no longer possible.Am I blind ,stupid or both,am I missing something.::seething2:: 

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its the English football league's financial fair play (Championship to Division 3) - Does apply to anyone else...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Michel Platini has said Monaco can spend as much as they want until they qualify for a European competition, I don't understand it either.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If the accounts relevant to this season show losses of more than £3m, the club will be penalised, but that limit could increase to £8m provided Eddie Davies is willing to pay the difference.

I find it worrying.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Thanks for that very confusing.When they say penalties does that mean point reduction.Open to corruption IMO.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I can explain it very easily, send me £50 and that will be fair play.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So unless you're a rich club that can pay fines you're fucked.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Thanks for that very confusing.When they say penalties does that mean point reduction.Open to corruption IMO.

It depends on whether the club wins promotion or not. If it doesn't, it will be subject to a transfer embargo. If it does, it gets taxed on the amount by which it exceeded the loss limit. It's to stop clubs gambling ridiculously on getting to the PL.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:So unless you're a rich club that can pay fines you're fucked.

Primarily, it's about spending less than you have coming in.

I think it'd be good for the game if it weren't so easy to manipulate for some clubs.

When you think how much money Megson and to a lesser extent Coyle spent relative to revenue, it seems a cheat that we can boast as many as eleven consecutive years in the Prem. Not that we're the only club guilty of this. Far from it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is the repayment of Eddie's existing debt going to put us into loss and thereby send us down the spiral? Presumably it'll be on the Balance Sheet and P & L?
If so, the more we pay off our debt to Eddie, the less we can invest.
It's going to be tough.
We need to attract more fans, sell more merchandise but invest less and keep wages under control.
Big ask that will affect all clubs, especially those who already have debt owed to Banks.
Quite a leveller that puts a greater emphasis on managerial skill and youth development as far as the team is concerned.

I think clubs like Monaco are getting round it because their owners are using their companies to sponsor the club in some way for ridiculous money. It's just another way of funnelling money into the club which can be treated as revenue.

Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

So taking ownership of the hotel and investing in the new schools etc around the stadium are coming at a good time then? Shame that cock up with the shirt sponsorship cost us £2million!

::bellend::

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum