Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smart TV

+3
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Smart TV Empty Smart TV Sat Aug 10 2013, 12:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I bought a Toshiba Smart tv last year and have recently been looking at the wi-fi dongles which allow you to watch things like Youtube and the BBC Iplayer via the internet.

Does anyone own one and do you recommend buying the wi-fi dongle for it?

2Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Sat Aug 10 2013, 12:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a smart TV and and found the youtube buffers constantly (it doesn't on my computer)

Iplayer worked fine though, but barely ever use it I'm afraid.

3Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Sat Aug 10 2013, 18:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

That's why I have not really committed to buying one, not sure I would use it as much as I would hope.

4Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Sat Aug 10 2013, 18:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just have the PC linked up to my TV - works a treat.

5Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Sun Aug 11 2013, 13:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:That's why I have not really committed to buying one, not sure I would use it as much as I would hope.
most TV's have the "smart" thing now anyway so you'll do well to avoid it.

6Smart TV Empty Smart Tellies Thu Nov 28 2013, 14:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Went to a friend of a friend the other night. The guy went to great lengths to show off his new smart telly. I got the impression it was like having a giant tablet in your lounge. Am I right and are they the dogs?
Who's got one?

7Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Thu Nov 28 2013, 15:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LG is investigating allegations that some of its TVs send details about their owners' viewing habits back to the manufacturer even if the users have activated a privacy setting. Don't trust the bastards.

8Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Thu Nov 28 2013, 21:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've got a toshiba smart tv but never taken full advantage of it as i've never bothered to purchase a internet dongle to go in the back of it, which then allows it to pick up the net and let me watch things like the bbc iplayer and youtube.

I've got my ps3 and laptop already able to do the same thing so it just seems a bit pointless to me.

9Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Thu Nov 28 2013, 21:39

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So basically if you have access to the net and a tablet/smart phone it does a similar job?
I can watch telly on both my iPad and phone so it's same as?

10Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Fri Nov 29 2013, 10:43

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If you already have a hi def tv, get a now tv box. It jumps on your wifi and turns your tv in to a smart tv anyway - for 20 quid.

Plus you can buy the sky sports day pass through it if you want to watch a game or somthing.

11Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Fri Nov 29 2013, 18:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Soul Kitchen wrote:So basically if you have access to the net and a tablet/smart phone it does a similar job?
Yeah pretty much, if you link your ipad up to your internet connection and say for example you want to watch a bbc show on the iplayer then you can.

12Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Sat Nov 30 2013, 05:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We built an extension recently and I paid about £1000 for an LG Smart telly because the missus wanted one. She can work it - but I haven't got a sodding clue how to work the bastard. It's linked to a sky box and another box and we've now got 3 handsets and a keyboard to operate them.
I can't find the football scores on it- it's totally beyond me, so I watch a little £80 job hung on the kitchen wall.
Why do they make them so complicated

13Smart TV Empty Re: Smart TV Sat Nov 30 2013, 06:44

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:So basically if you have access to the net and a tablet/smart phone it does a similar job?
Yeah pretty much, if you link your ipad up to your internet connection and say for example you want to watch a bbc show on the iplayer then you can.
Thanx for that. Would be a waste of cash for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum