Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Southgate lands England under 21 job.

+2
NickFazer
aaron_bwfc
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Southgate lands England under 21 job. Empty Southgate lands England under 21 job. Thu Aug 22 2013, 19:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Another manager who has been piss poor wherever he has been lands a job:-

Gareth Southgate has been appointed the new head coach of the England Under 21 team on a three-year deal.

Southgate said: "I'm delighted to get this role and extremely excited about the prospect of working with the best and brightest young players in the country.

"I'm a proud Englishman and playing for my country was the pinnacle of my playing career.

"Since retiring as a player I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience of the game both here and abroad, and I'm eager to play my part in preparing players to compete at the highest level.

"Whenever any team steps onto the pitch for England, being successful is of huge importance, but it is also about developing a clear style of play that can allow our talented young players to flourish."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/8883440/gareth-southgate-appointed-head-coach-of-england-u21-team

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The FA don't take the Under 21 or Under 18 competitions seriously, so don't hold you breath expecting anything to change under Southgate. Picked because he won't kick up a fuss when England qualify for a tournament and all the best available players are off to play some meaningless senior friendly or some other bollox excuse not to interrupt their summer holidays.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Atleast I don't have to listen to him as a pundit anymore, he's so boring

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Joke

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It was between him and McClaren, so, typical FA, no vision.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

No vision?...That's putting it lightly IMO, everytime the FA goes with the ''safe'' option and never takes a risk and hires a coach that might learn our young players to play good football on the ground.

I imagine Southgates style of football is similar to Megsons.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The FA don't like characters anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum